Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Daily discussions.
sharonkl

Re: Fabulous Wednesday May 27, 2009

Post by sharonkl » Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 am

Good afternoon
I am going to work on my sweet blocks this afternoon. I have one done!!whoopie
Joanne, I can't wait until Cooper gets old enough to do those kind of things with him. How old is he?

Chriss have a good day at work, it is hump day. We need to twist the other 2 Sharon's arms to do the star across america. I need to order the book, looked for it at Joann's but they didn't have it. The ugrr looked like it was lots of fun.

Does anyone know what to use (prefably a homemade remedy) to rid of the bugs n my tomato plants? They are little bitty white bugs!

Hope everyone has a good afternoon, have to babysit tonight so not sewing for me.

BBL
Sharon

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 am

Good morning everyone. I slept in this morning, then started working on my embriodered block for 'Special Angel Quilt'. I drew my own pattern for it. I'm really excited about how it is turning out. I need to get some uglies done since I am working with split days off again this week, then back to working on the block.

Enjoy the day, whatever you are doing. I'll try to BBL when I need a break.

Mary

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:16 am

Sharon, if the little white bugs are aphids, an old time remedy is to make a mixture of dish soap and water in a spray bottle, spray it on the plants to kill the aphids. If it is someother type of little white bug, I haven't a clue for homemade remedy.

Mary

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed May 27, 2009 6:29 am

sharonkl he's just turned 5 and he's a blast! They are great at that age...no more running around after them to keep them safe! Good thing, cause my running days are about up! lol! Just can't move that fast anymore!!
You could try Insecticidle Soap spray for the tomatoes..sounds like "mealy bugs"--and garden center or place that sells plants has it..it's a simple soap/water solution so it's "green friendly" if that's an issue. It's also cheap! lol!

rosebud3 can you post a picture of the embroidered block?? I'd love to see it!

Well, gotta get the lasagna out of the oven for our lunch! Ymmmm! My favorite! DDIL brought it for our lunch...how sweet!

BBL
Joanne:0)

EDIT! Rosebud might be right! Could be aphids. And her soap mixture is the same as the purchased product (since I can't spell "insecticidle"...or whatever it is! lol!!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed May 27, 2009 7:41 am

Dropping in to say 'HI'. Super busy at work today - work piled high. Is it really worth going on a little vacation? - UGH! Y'all have a great day. BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 am

Joanne, I sent you a PM. Now I'm off to work on the block some more, then a little more uglies.

BBL

Mary

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

Hi all well it's now afternoon and I just came back from staples I needed black ink for my printer I thought I had 1 more but I did't and they didn't have any so I ordered it and it will be here tommrow.

So I won't be abel to print out the directions for the Design wizzard till tommrow well there went that good plan untill then.

Lori Im glad your better.

T how old is pepper dog I hope she is doing better.

Well it's time forme to go and do some wash BBL.

Lois

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed May 27, 2009 10:16 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm SW. Pa., but just 2 miles away had a downpour....It's been another lazy day...After laying around all day yesterday, I couldn't sleep last night and finally crawled into bed at 4:00 this morning...So if I sit in one place for very long I'll be sound asleep...

I went to lunch with a girl friend...We sat for 2 1/2 hours and gabbed and gabbed...Then I went to Aldi's and then to the Library....If I'm dressed and out I like to take advantage of it and do my running....

After I get DH some dinner, I'm heading for the sewing room...I really need to get some quilting done....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Roben

Post by Roben » Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 am

Lyn, it sure is a small world :-) We just moved out of CB, to Oakland. Still in Pott. county, but away from the city.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 27, 2009 12:41 pm

I am home from shopping(3hrs ago). Brought every thing in the house, sat down and fell asleep. Shopping at Best Buy makes me so tired. Everything is turned on so loud there..I can hardly think. Plus I have to buy things I do not know too much about. MY DVD and my CD players died. The "kid" talked & talked, answered my questions then I call my DD#1 in Austin to find out what I needed. Who knew DVD players played CDs. Now who is going to hook these babies up for me. I treated my self with one for the sewing room with Christmas gift cards. LOL The Geek Squad charges $125.

I am not sure I will sew tonight...ZZZzzzzZZZZZzzz

See you later I am going to go get me 2ed wind...Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”