Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

It's Tuesday

Daily discussions.
momof6quilts

It's Tuesday

Post by momof6quilts » Tue May 26, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,

I haven't been on to much lately. We have been very busy in the garden and hoeing out for this huge party in two weeks.
The girls recital is this Saturday and my father is coming in on Friday to spend the weekend for recital and Tia's graduation on Monday night.
Then with our friends baby dieing I'm a little more then stressed. And no sewing is happening here. Tia and I did sew some of her binding down on Saturday while watching the movie Flicka. I needed a mind break!

Vicky

Marilynsgrammy

Re: It's Tuesday

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 am

well Vicky... looks like everyone had too much bbq for Memorial day and are sleeping in...

I am getting ready for work woo hoo...not...

hope eveyrone has a wonderful day,

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue May 26, 2009 2:59 am

Good Morning girls. Gee where is everyone? I had to look twice when I saw that you two were the only 2 that had posted. LOL Hope eveyone else is just sleeping in or had to rush to get to work.

Vicky this is a very busy time of year. Try not to stress girlfriend.

Chriss I hope you have a good day at work. One thing about it, it will be another short week.

I hope you gals have a great day!

Love Ya'll

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue May 26, 2009 3:23 am

Good Morning everyone! Cloudy and probably rainy today..humid. I finally have a day with no commitments! And no picnics, parties, etc. Whew! Thank goodness!

Chriss have a great day at work! The "short" weeks always seemed longer to me than the regular work week! lol! Don't know why?!

I finished my last UGRR block last night!! Whooo Hooo! Have NO idea what to use for sashing..borders, etc. The 6 in. blocks will be a wall hanging and I'm not sure about the 12 in. blocks...either a lap quilt or quilt for our bed. If I do it for our bed, I'll have to do alot of borders--it's a queen size. There's also an issue with the size of each block..I might do a dark border on each block to bring them all to the same, correct size or even a little bigger. Then do the sashings and cornerstones.

Guess I'll have another cup of coffee, check out the rest of the forum and think somemore!! lol!

Have a great day!

Joanne:0)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:23 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Everyone must have had to rush off to work. I hope to stay home and sew. I have a list of things to sew as well as a list of other things that need to get done.

Chriss - Have a good day at work.

Vicky - Prayers are with all of you affected by the death of the baby, especially her parents. Congratulations to Tia! It is an exciting time of the year for her.

Cathy - Hope you have a wonderful day!

Carol

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue May 26, 2009 4:22 am

yawn.....morning everyone...I am back from Yosemite and we had a great time!
Chriss...I tried to call, just once, but we didn't have service in Fish Camp with AT&T but I wouldn't have had time to go shopping anyway ;(

I will bore everyone with the details (and photos) later but as we left John and I commented that it felt as if we had known Jeremy's family forever instead of just meeting them. I guess we have been hearing about them from Izzy so long, and his Mom and I have chatted on-line, so it was easy going. Yosemite was beautiful, crowded, and as a Calif. Gal we never go on holiday weekends, so it was unusual for us to see the masses of people but everyone was polite and in great spirits. It was wonderful to see how accessible the Valley is for people who use wheelchairs
Well back to reality. I have to grab another cup of coffee and head off to school. Kids and teachers are counting the days until June 11th

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 am

Good Morning to all!!

I am in a real peppy mood. Even though I am doing a lot of ugly work..window washing, mowing & going through a pile of papers left over from the class I took. Today is a vacation day!! I took Tues,Wed & Thurs off so I would have 10days off to catch up on house & yard work(some sewing). So far so good.

I was up early but the computer was acting up. Called DD#2 in TX she said unplug it..I did..pluged it back in and here I am.

Vicky..Sorry to hear about the loss of a sweet baby. I will pray for the parents and all involved. Do not forget to take a few deep breath for your self..sorry about the added stress.

Chriss.. Sorry you had to work today. May it pass quickly.

Joanne, Have fun sewing..I will get to mine a little later.

sewcarolyn..Glad you had a wonderful trip to Yosemite. I have been there 2x and loved it!! I love places that make me think about the growth of our planet.

Well on to the windows....Kathy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Tue May 26, 2009 4:54 am

KATHYSQUILTS I see someone is taking Grammiequilts/Judi's place on the window washing detail! lol!!!

Joanne:0)

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Tue May 26, 2009 5:16 am

Morning all. I am back at work after a nice long weekend. My flowers and veges are planted so now I can sit back and enjoy my garden.

Not much sewing going on for me lately because of the tumor in my neck. It just hurts and is hurting real bad right now. I am waiting for the aleve to take affect. I really hope to get back to sewing soon though because I miss it.

I did get out an old cross stitch I had been working on so I will do that since that is small and easy and doesn't hurt my neck much. I need to get my craft fix regardless of how I feel LOL.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Brenda

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 am

Good early afternoon from rainy, chilly SW. Pa...Not a good day to work outside, yikes!

Vicky, so sorry to hear about the baby...So very sad....

I think today is going to be a nothing day.....I had my MRI this morning and although the MRI is really nothing, the injection kind of knocks me for a loop...So I have nothing planned, but hoping to get to the sewing room later and try to finish 1 of the quilts....

DH is being very attentive so I have a feeling he's in charge of the kitchen today...In a way, I could get used to this.....

Going to have another cup of tea and maybe take a nap....

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Return to “Sew ins”