Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 25,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday May 25,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 25, 2009 1:18 am

GoodMorning

Im surprized that no one hasn't opened up the threads .

My DH and myself are going out to breakfast and then going to Kohls and BJ's .

When I come home I will be working on binding my nieces baby quilt and then maybe playing with the quilt wizzard .

There will be no more ugly work being done today I need abreak from all that and besides it will be with us untill we leave this good ol earth .

Have A Great Day and please remember all of our country men both living and dead.

Thanks Again all who are serving for us.

Lois

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Monday May 25,2009

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon May 25, 2009 2:47 am

Good Morning!!
God bless all the men and women that defend out great country!!!

I think I will start today reviewing my WW book. Like most people who are I am sick and tired of being fat. Then take down the window treatment in the living room and toss it out. Wash the windows....3 of them. That is all of the extreme ugly work I am going to do.

Then it is sew, sew ,sew the that baby quilt.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:02 am

Good morning,

Lois... have a good day out with your DH, shopping and whatever else you end up doing.

Kathy...Have fun working on that baby quilt. I still have to get mine back up in the frame, lol. I've been procrastinating doing that, and just working on little stuff.

I have to go in to work today. Everyone have a wonderful day today. Prayers for anyone traveling this holiday. Everyone remember to say a prayer for Judi/grammiequilts. I saw a post in chit chat that her Dad passed this morning.

Mary

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 25, 2009 3:15 am

Good morning Gals!

How is everybody this morning? Yesterday was totally beautiful here, but today it's windy and cloudy! Maybe if it rains I'll stay inside and SEW!!! YEAH Should I pray for rain... we do need it!
I managed to get quite a bit done yesterday so if I play today I won't feel so guilty!! LOL

Yes it is Memorial Day... a day to honor those who have served and those that still serve! To the soldiers that have fought and died for us! Yesterday I planted Gladiolas for my Dad, who was a pilot and flight instuctor in WWII---and who planted about 500 Glad bulbs every year. So DD and I planted yesterday in his honor and thought of him all day!

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday

Marymargaret

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 25, 2009 3:35 am

Mornin'

Kathy.. Ugh, windows.. sorry...

well I am going to my sewing room today and maybe never coming out... Jerry will watch the race ( cancelled yesterday) with his eyes closed and I will get moving on my blocks... I am still debating on what to do with my UGRR blocks some aren't the right size... might just save it all and re-do them...

prayers for Grammie and her family...

and Prayers for our Military

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:57 am

Good Morning Everyone!
I will hang the flag this morning and remember all those who have died to give us freedom. On the news last night they had a story about how they read the names of all those who are buried at the National Cemetary in Riverside, CA. My Dad is buried there and somehow it made me very happy to know others heard his name.

I plan on sewing today. I have a list of projects that need some work.

Lois - enjoy shopping with your DH.

Chriss - Have fun sewing. Maybe you could put a small sashing frame around the blocks that are too small?

MaryMargaret - I will hope it rains for you so you will not feel guilty about sewing. All those glads will love the rain!

Kathy - Enjoy sewing!

Mary - Take care at work today.

Prayers for Judi and family today!

Have a great day everyone!
Carol

macdor

Post by macdor » Mon May 25, 2009 4:01 am

Good morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless all the men and women that defending our country!!!

My prayers go to grammiequilts/Judi and her family in the loss of her father.

Chriss - my prayers are with you and the UGRR blocks you are making. Quilting can be at times the most rewarding and others you get the URGG blocks. Sometimes it is just best to walk away and work on another projects, then come back. I'm sure that they will come out.

I have GS3's quilt all done and will send it off to the longarm quilter tomorrow. Did get GS4's quilt cut out yesterday. (Only have GS's would love to do a GD quilt) Want to start it today. But, I do need to do some housework. Have more wash to do towels so hope they dry before the rain hit again today. Weather man say around 3 so better get going. Would like to watch the race. But, can sew and watch.

Everyone have a great holiday what ever your plans are.

DorothyM

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 25, 2009 5:04 am

Morning All,
We are all remembering our service men & women, I see, as we should.

My DH is grumpy. It was my plan to go pull the Motorhome out of its garage, open up the slides and give it a good cleaning today. But, there's thunderstorms & rain, so told him we will do it Wednesday when it's to be 74 & clear. Of course I will work on what I had planned for Wed., today.....sewing! He thinks it is backing up the schedule to get to Canada.

DD#2 came up yesterday with her new boy friend. He seems nice, a down home Kansas boy, who has never been married, he's 34yr old. I am a little concerned though, they bantered back & forth most of the time they were here. I don't know if they were nervous or they have a power struggle going or what, but DH & I agreed that we would get tired quickly if we acted like that towards each other. Oh well, time will tell.

Off to sew!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon May 25, 2009 5:16 am

Good morning from sunny, warm SW. Pa....Another perfect day, couldn't ask for better for honoring our service men and women, bless them all....

Normally we have a big parade today but they are doing construction on the parade route and this year just having a memorial service at the cemetary....My kids and grands have marched in the parade since 1970 and this is the 1st year I have no one...Darn those kids for growing up....

I have sheets hanging on the line and DH is in the garden...We're going to finish the flower beds and then maybe clean the basement, (not 1 of my favorite jobs)...I'd rather be in the sewing room working on the quilts, hopefully later....We brought home leftovers from the graduation party last night so we're eating good again today....

I'm scheduled bright and early tomorrow morning for that darn "brain" scan, MRI thingie...Maybe if I stay up all night, I'll just sleep right through it....AND, hold the jokes, I already know there's NOTHING there!

Enjoy the holiday, everyone
Stay safe

"The other" Dorothy

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 am

Good afternoon & Happy memorial day!!
I made one of my sweet treats block today, if I knew how to post a pic I would. Last time I tried posting it took wayyy too many tries, maybe if dd comes over I'll get her to help.
I got up early today and went to cementary and then to hancock's and Joann's. I bought the quilt design wizard they were talking about on the other forum for half price at Hancock's. I didn't buy much, just the software and a ruler.
Chriss I like your blocks, I am doing an ice cream cone, pretty simple, I am doing a blanket stitch around it.
Going to my cousins later for a cookout, sold his house and he moved this past sat. His wife died almost a year ago and he is having a really hard time with everything. Sure wish there was something I could say or do. He's a great guy!
Everyone have a great day, I'm going to go play until it's time to leave.
Sharon

Return to “Sew ins”