Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, May 24

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Sunday, May 24

Post by rosebud3 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:14 am

Good morning to all of you. I slept in this morning. Now I'm having a cup of coffee and when I am finisished checking out what's happening on the other threads, I will go fix some breakfast for me and DH. I have no other plans for the day except to recoup from the work week. There are a lot of things I 'need' to do around here, but just don't feel up to it.

BBL

Mary

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:46 am

Good morning everyone. "T" hope you & Jeff have a safe trip. Sounds like the picnic will be so much fun Joanne. And all you other gals it seems you have a nice day planned too.

We have not got 1 thing going on today. I don't think. Taking it as it comes. I kind of like those days.LOL We had some rain last night but not much unfortunately. The sprinkler system still went off at midnight. I am going to try to get into the sewing room either today or tomorrow. I have a blasted headache today but usually do get a migraine when the weather is in a stormy pattern or the Barometer is off kilter. But I have meds for that. Thank the Good Lord.

I need to go scout out JoAnns Sale but I don't like driving up there. And I don't really need anything at all so I may not. Figured out why I do not like driving up there....it is in the same neighborhood as my soon to be ex-DIL's home where she & my troubled Son lived for almost 3 years. I really love JoAnn's and REALLY loved it before they moved to that location because I passed it as I was going out to my oldest Son's house. That was great. Oh well. Such is life.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. And Rosebud after the work week you just put in, dear girlfriend I think you should just kick back and do something relaxing and restful!

Love You All

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun May 24, 2009 7:33 am

Hello..

Still foggy here. Check books balanced, DD#1 cane for a little visit(?)and to make hummus for a cook out she is going too. Good thing Mom has the food processer...LOL

I DO NOT feel like doing windows..darn!!I know I will commit to one room=2 windows. I want to work on the baby quilt.

Happy Day...Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 am

Lucie, my DH is watching the race too...

Lois... I am trying hard to think of a reason to get me to go to the sale at JoAnn's... I really don't need anything, but it is a sale.. but the small store is 30 minutes away and the big store is an hour away... UGH!!!

Dorothy, breakfast was great.. even had enough leftover to make breakfast burritos for tomorrow... can't wait to see the quilt you are making.. good luck with the remodel.

Mary Margaret... sounds like your day will be perfect....

Xteacher, how is rice planted.. is it a seed? I have seen rice fields covered in water... how does it grow and how is it harvested? I never thought about it until I have been reading your posts...

Cathy, come on over here and we will go to JoAnn's together and get what we don't need...lol...

well, I feel like taking a nap... but it is too early... think I will go for a walk in the yard... we have 4 tomatoes already on the plants and a couple of bell peppers the size of peas....
ttfn
Chriss

Exodus 33:14

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:41 am

Good afternoon to all.......Got my moss roses planted, even survived getting dive bombed by the hummingbirds since I was in their territory. (The feeder is in the window right above the planter.) I think I'll find a pattern for a pink/brown quilt in the quilt pink magazine that's been in the back of my mind for such a long time, if I can find the magazine, lol. I did go to JoAnns yesterday for the person I'm doing the f/q collection for & saved close to $29 on the purchases. I think she'll be thrilled with the items that fit in the sewing basket that's just too cute.

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 am

Good afternoon from warm, not quite sure if it's raining, SW. Pa...This morning when we went to Mass, it was sunny and very warm, now, it's thundering and maybe we'll see some rain....After Mass, we had breakfast with friends and then went to Home Depot for mulch and more flowers...You would have thought they were giving something away for free, it was so darn crowded and this was fairly early...But tis the season!

DH unloaded the car and I probably should be outside playing in the dirt but tomorrow's another day....I'm thinking about heading for the sewing room for an hour or so....

This evening, my DD is having a graduation party for the DGD who just graduated from college...She said, just family but with this family, that could be a lot of people....

Enjoy the rest of the day, whatever your plans....
Stay safe.....

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

Dear Everyone well I went to the Joanns sale and I didn't buy 1 thing so i came back and did some more ugly work and that is the end of the ugly stuff for 1 day tommrow I will finish just need to clean the kitchen and that will be that I want to try and convince my DH to go with me to Kohls to get him a few new thing for our up comming trip and you all know how that goes can't you just go and bring it back yada yada yada .

I did get my Quilt Design wizzard so maybe later I will make an attempt to put it in and look at it will see.

Lois bbl

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Sun May 24, 2009 10:54 am

Chriss, yes, rice is planted as a seed, and while it does take water to keep it growing, you have to be able to get over the ground with the tractor to plant it. We have had so much rain this spring that we were only able to plant last week and now it's raining again. We do need this rain to bring the seed up. My husband was just explaining how this works to someone this afternoon--some of the rice that was planted had too much water standing on it and is having to be replanted because--the seed sends a shoot/sprout up and root down. When there was too much water and the plant didn't get oxygen, the root couldn't go down, so it is having to be replanted. Once the seeds all sprout and get a few inches tall, THEN we flood the field and the rice will continue to grown in the terraces of water. It gets fertilized several times and water is drained off at certain points during the growing season. Then, this fall when it is ripe and ready, the water will be drained again and the combines go into the fields and harvest it.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:16 pm

HI
It's a beautiful day out here.... actually broke away from my sewing to take my niece to see the movie Night at the Museum-- it was really good.

Quilted my URR -- just have to do the binding.... learned a few lessons-- since it is so big I should have put muslin in the middle, cause I'm afraid it will be too heavy! Then, also because it was big, I made the lattices too small-- I think it detracts from the squares... oh well.. live and learn!!

Now I need to do the binding for log cabin for DF-- will post that when it is finished!!

Tomorrow is going to the parade!!! Do any of you have memorial day parades in your town? I wasn't going to go, but my niece will be marching for the last time.... so I will.

See ya later

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 pm

hello, If you havent' gone and looked at the UGRR sew along under swaps go see Carol and Quiltenwby's quilt tops... they are really cool.

Mary Ellen, I bet that you are about the only person who has to wear a hard hat to garden...lol... glad you were able to save so much $ shopping...

Irishgram, enjoy the grad party...

Lois, you all have me looking at that Quilt wizzard it's on sale online at Joanns and with the coupon it will be a whoppin 10% more off... they also say free shipping on that item... tempting.

Thanks for explaining Karon.... It is amazing how differnet things grow isn't it?

well, I need to go make a salad DH is bbq'ing steak and we will have baked taters.. it's my favorite meal...

ttfn
chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”