Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning it's Saturday May 23,2009

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Good Morning it's Saturday May 23,2009

Post by WeeOne » Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 am

I'm washing stuff from the Motorhome. Have a couple roasts in the crock pot to make BBQ beef for DD's visit tomorrow, with leftovers to freeze to take to Canada. Now headed to the cleaning of 3 months of dust! What was that about smiling while doing the ugly work??

Have a good weekend.
Lyn

macdor

Post by macdor » Sat May 23, 2009 8:03 am

Good afternoon all!!!!!!!!! I feel bad for everyone is getting so much done and I don't seem to be able to get moving.

No rain so far today, think it is coming. I keep hearing about the people north of us with all the water in their homes. I feel lucky, that all I have to complaine about is not being able to hang wash out.

Everyone have great weekend and we do have to remember the true meaning of the holiday. It's hard with our busy lives.

Off to get something done, so at least will feel like this wasn't a wasted day.

Chriss I like your ice cream block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DorothyM

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks Carol... I can use all the help I can get... I havent done much applique... I did decide to make it smaller.... I appreciate your telling me....

Lois, sorry you didn't get your flip flops..

Thanks Dorothy.

I posted my redneck story... I don't speak redneck very well... or so I think....lol

I need to cut out all of my applique pieces and get them ready for ironing.... and ugh... sewing... that is a lot of sewing...but it will be fun.

you all have fun too

ttfn
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 23, 2009 9:11 am

Hello,
I have run out of steam and interest for cleaning.

I am in the sewing room. I am going to pick up a few things in here then cut the baby quilt.

Lois, when you said you were going to a flip flop sale I thought it was some strange type of sale I never heard of.....LOL you ment footwear. I never wear flop flops so it did not occur to me. LOL

It looks like a lot of cleaning done today. Hope you are all have a smile on!!

Lyn, I read on the forum that too much housework made you ugly...So it seems to me if you wear a big smile you will get less ugly!! LOL

Later Ladies....Kathy

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:33 am

I will have to try smiling while cleaning. I do try to take some time out and give myself a facial and manicure before I clean. I figure it counteracts the effects of cleaning! LOL

sharonkl

Post by sharonkl » Sat May 23, 2009 10:18 am

Good afternoon everyone,
Lois I too went to the flip flop sale and walked right back out. It was crazy in there. I told my dd nobody needs flip flops that bad to have to wait in lines backed to the back of the store.
Going to go to joann's tonigt and maybe out to applebee's to eat. I still have gift cards from christmas for joann's that I have been saving, for what I don't know so I am goning to go spend them!!
This is my favvorite time of the year, it reminds me of when my dd's were in school and this was the official start of summer. Seems like for me summertime is more relaxed and life's a much slower pace.
Cooper got his first tooth, he'd been "working" on it for quite some time. I thought my dd was going to announce it on tv she was so excited!
Chriss, I guess you'll have your blocks done by tomorrow. I like them, they are very cute. I think I might do an ice cream cone. What you think? I was to going to do machine embroidery but I didn't know if everyone would like it.
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 am

Good Evening..
I cut my strips & the backing squares. I will do the batting squares later.

I took time to shop at the The Children's Place on line $5 sale. Picked up some shorts and tops for the Grandbabies in Texas. Love those babies!!

Taking a dinner break for a chicken wrap....

Later....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 23, 2009 12:43 pm

boy this applique is tough.. my hand is done cutting for a while.... so far I have cut 20 of three ice cream scoops, 20 whip cream spinkles... still have to do the chocolate sauce and bowls... and cut out my white squares to iron it all onto...

Kathy, I am going to check out that sale.

Sharon... woo hoo on the tooth for Cooper... poor little kids, it hurts them so much to get their teeth... and I won't have my blocks done this weekend... I will have everything cut out and maybe ironed on but probably not sewn... I think an ice cream cone would be great... there aren't an awful lot of choices that don't require a ton of fabric... can't wait to see what yours look like.

well back to cutting after I go check out the sale Kathy mentioned.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Good Evening all. Got the quilt quilted meandered. It came out good. I am now working on the scalloped borders. Hope to get the binding sewed on before I leave monday am. I am hoping to spend more time with Lizzie this year so I can do some other patterns free motion. I am getting good at leaves and vines I can do snowflakes but OH my feathers look like they have been plucked from a wet chicken. And the chicken was running. Well back to the sewing machine, BBL

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Good Night....After my chicken wrap I was too tired to cut any more.

See you tomorrow....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”