Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning it's Saturday May 23,2009

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Good Morning it's Saturday May 23,2009

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 23, 2009 12:52 am

GoodMorning everyone I guess everyone is still sleeping I have been up since early trying to help the fishermen get ready to go .

Today I plan on getting stuff done around the house and hitting oldnavy for the flip flop sale and then comming back and trying to get a few more of those things that make us ugly done.

Have A Great Day bbl
Lois

rosebud3

Re: Good Morning it's Saturday May 23,2009

Post by rosebud3 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:08 am

Good Morning Lois. I'm up having a cup of coffee, then getting ready for work. uugggh!!!!!!!! I just left there. Who ever thought that you have plenty of time to recoup having 8 hours between clocking out and clocking back in was nuts. I need 8 hours of sleep, not 3 1/2, to function reasonably. I feel like a walking zombie this morning, lol. Oh well, I'll get over it. Have fun at Old Navy shopping. I'll take a nap after work, then get up and do some sewing. Have a good weekend.

Mary

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 23, 2009 1:42 am

Good morning hope you have a easy day at work...Mary
Lois be careful...must protect our beauty....
I am going to my sis's today to long arm a quilt and show her how I do the scalloped border. Els way. Have a great day and holiday weekend all.BBL

vivian1970

Post by vivian1970 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:17 am

Morning girls,

Hope everyone has a very safe weekend. Be careful on the highways and roads this weekend.
I am finishing my floral arrangements this weekend so that I can decorate at the cemeteries. I usually go "downhome" (southern Ky) on this weekend but decided to stay home and decorate here. My dad is buried in the Bloomrose Cemetery in Williamsburg Oh and I will be going there tomorrow to put flowers on his grave. Next week I may go to Ky and decorate there. That is where my mom is buried along with a host of other family members.

But today I am going to get my hair cut; exchange some RX sunglasses; and take my granddaughters out to lunch. And this evening I am making my granddaughter some shorts. I know its the weekend to remember everyone who has passed but I like to also remember to spend time with my family that is here. Oh yeah, I am also going to finish up my Ohio Star blocks to get into the mail on Tuesday.

My DS is at the University of Arizona this weekend as he is the Regional Housing Authority President at the Northern Ky University. So he attending seminars and hopefully having a great time. He said it was beautiful out there. And my daughter is in New Orleans visiting friends. She sent my a picture of the Mississippi River they crossed. She has never seen the ocean and that is one of the next stops on her trip. So I am keeping the DGD's company.

The Ohio State Police are given seat belt violations this weekend so remember to buckle up. I hear the ticket cost is $107.00. OUCH!!!!!

Stay safe and buckle up.

Viv

SCFQuilter

Post by SCFQuilter » Sat May 23, 2009 2:34 am

Good Morning!

This morning I am planting flowers and DH is going to shine up our 57 F100 Ford. This afternoon we will join the Car Club for a ride around the county and dinner later. We haven't had it out yet this year so it should be fun!

Debby

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat May 23, 2009 3:24 am

Good Morning all!!

This is the offical start of summer here...Beside the crazy drivers my "summer" neighbor are here. They were up until all hours sitting around their fire&smoke pit. I am going to start sleeping in the bed room on the other side of the house. I do not want to have bad thoughts about them.(:

It is sunny, windy and a little damp. A wonderful, beautiful day.

Lois, will they get any fish to eat? What kind? I have heard that if you clean with a big smile(even if you do not meant it) you will not get ugly too fast.LOL

Mary, sorry you have to work and on not enought sleep.

grammiequilts, It is wonderful to have a sister to quilt with. Mine dose not quilt but when I visit her she like to go to the LQS with me.

Viv, you are so busy this weekend. I am happy to see there is some quilting planned in there.

debby, Have fun on Car Club ride. Is a F100 a truck?

I am off to clean with a huge smile...so I can sew later.

Happy Quilting....Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 23, 2009 3:52 am

Good Morning...

Mary, enjoy your day... the policy where I work is 10 hours between shifts and anything under 10 is time and a half....

Grammie, have fun with your sister....

Boy Viv, after reading all you are doing today I think I need a nap... you are going to be busy... enjoy your family.

Debby, that sounds so cool... I love those old cars... the 50's and 60's were good car years.

Kathy, didn't your mom tell you that if you keep making that face it will freeze that way... so if you have a big smile your face will freeze that way... it's your choice...lol....

Lois, do you buy tons of flipflops or just a couple of them... at $1 each they are a bargain.

Well Valerie ( WeSig) saved me from a trip into town today... she had sent me some sewing machine needles as a prize and they are just the size I need... I was told to use size 10 needles and this pack has one size 11 and one size 9.... so I can sew instead of driving 30 miles into town and 30 miles back...I know JoAnns is having that sale but I really don't need anything and they will have another big sale for the 4th of July...

I am going to work on my ice cream blocks for the sweet swap... I hope they aren't too big, maybe I will downsize it just a bit....

hope you all have a great day,
ttfn
Chriss

Exodus 33:14

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:14 am

Good Morning Everyone!
Sounds like everyone is really busy today.

Mary, I think the management really needs to look at their policy of scheduling. I think it is inhumane to schedule with only 8 hours between shifts! Be careful, you may be prone to have an accident without enough rest.

Chriss - Think of the finished block size and just keep that ice cream about an inch from the edge. If it is too small it will not look good either.

Lois and Kathy - I am with you, I need to get some things done around the house so I will sew in between and check on here.

Judi - Have fun with that long arm today.

Debby - Have fun today at the car club. It sounds relaxing to go on a road trip in the country.

Vivian - Thank you for reminding everyone of the true spirit of the weekend.

DH and I do plan on going on a picnic this weekend. I am not sure where we will go, it may be a local park or it could be further away.

Have a great day everyone!
Carol

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat May 23, 2009 6:00 am

Hi all well I went to the flip flop sale and walked in and walked right back out I think everyone in NJ decided that they needed a pair so I will be off to Kohls tommrow where they will pay me to shop now it's back to the ugly stuff no sewing at all till monday .

Lois bbl

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sat May 23, 2009 6:33 am

Good afternoon from semi, warm SW. Pa...So far, it's another perfect day but there is a slight chance of rain....

I'm determined to really get something accomplished today...I started out doing windows, then ended up changing the sheets and cleaning the bedroom.

Yes, Joanne, I did it! I finally got the "cubby hole" cleaned...There were times, when I wasn't sure I'd be able to get back out but it's now neatly arranged....DH has been working in the yard and we're still trying to clear the lot next door...I've had visions of a lot filled with wildflowers...Too much to do and not enough time....

Lunch is over and now I'm going to tackle the kitchen...I have the curtains on the line and the cabinets are next...I think I'm going to need another vacation......

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Return to “Sew ins”