Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Paper Dolls

Patterns, Fabric, Suggestions, and more. What to do with everything you've got. Everything's Quilting and Fabric related!
sewbug

Re: Paper Dolls

Post by sewbug » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 am

I bought this glue to use for removable fabric applique for clothes. I think a spot or two would be all you need for the doll clothes.

Aleene's Tack-It-Over & Over Glue.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 pm

When I saw the pattern in Fons and Porter I ordered two of the kits immediately. I've learned the kits that showcase special fabrics don't last very long in stock. One is to donate to the Children's Hospital and the other one is for my DGD. I hope to find more of the fabric in Paducah.

Liketocraft2

Post by Liketocraft2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 am

I made one, I did not have any instructions, and used felt for the doll and applied Heat Bond (product name) to the back of clothes by ironing it on, peel off the paper backing and then applied low thread count cotton by ironing it to the back of the clothing then used sticky back Velcro, the loopy side to the back of the clothes and it sticks to the Velcro doll so nice and neatly "And" by making her arms and legs felt to I can accessorize her more with boots, socks, hold umbrella or anything else in her hands like a cookie and glass of milk or whatever you create

Return to “Quilting & Fabric Discussions”