Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Favorite Recipes

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Irishgram

Re: Favorite Recipes

Post by Irishgram » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Boy, those cakes sound good.......Perfect for Easter....

Here's a candy recipe that is so darn easy but so darn good.....

The kids call is Zebra Stuff (because it does look like it has strips)

1 Package of almond bark
1 cup of chunky peanut better
1/2 half bag of sweet chocolate chips.....

Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper.....

Melt the almond bark in the micro wave and then stir in the peanut butter...Mix until smooth.....In another bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the micro wave until smooth.....

Pour the bark and Peanut mixture on the cookie sheet, spreading it to the edges.....Next drop spoonfulls of the chocolate all over the other mixture and then take a knife and swirl it though, making strips, or whatever design you want.....

Sit it in the refrigerator until hard and then break it apart and store.....It's best if it's kept in the frig......

When I'm making mine, I really don't measure....If you like the peanut flavor, use more peanut butter and the same with the chocolate chips....I think the 1st time, I used the whole bag of chips and the kids loved it.......

So easy and so good!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 am

I made the Angel food and Pineapple - all I can say is YUM!!!!!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Suzette - Tried your Angel Food and pineapple cake. My DH and I loved it. I threw in about a cup of candied cherries I had left from making fruitcake for a little color. Thanks for the recipe.

Sherry

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 am

Suzette, I imagine you add the crushed pineapple AND juice in the Angel Food cake mix? Some Cool Whip on top? I'm thinking I might want to make it for Easter at brother's house.

Lucie

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:00 am

Lucie
Just add the can of crushed pineapple with its juice - that is the only liquid needed. It comes out beautiful - I did add the cool whip -very tasty
Jana

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 am

Very Good and easy to make!

Berry Cake

Ingredients
Two 12-oz bags frozen mixed berries
1 box white cake mix (no pudding)
1 can of diet 7-up or sierra mist (clear soda)

Instructions
Place frozen fruit in a 9x13 baking dish. Add dry cake mix over the top. Pour soda slowly over cake mix. DO NOT stir the cake mix and the pop - this will give you a 'crust'. If you stir the two, you will hsve a cake like topping.

Bake 350 for 45-50 min.

You may be able to use frozen peaches instead of mixed berries.

Serves 16; 4 PointsPlus

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Ice Cream In A Bag Less Than 10 minutes

Here is what you will need to make homemade ice cream in a baggie:

2 Tablespoon sugar
1 cup half & half (or light cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarse salt or table salt(I used canning salt)
ice
gallon-sized Ziploc bag
pint-sized Ziploc bag

Mix the sugar, half & half and vanilla extract together. Pour into a pint-sized Ziploc baggie. Make sure it seals tightly.

Now take the gallon-sized Ziploc bag and fill it up halfway with ice and pour the salt over the ice. Now place the cream filled bag into the ice filled bag and seal.

Make sure it is sealed tightly and start shaking. Shake for about 5 minutes (or 8 minutes if you use heavy cream.)

Open the gallon-sized bag and check to see if the ice cream is hard, if not keep shaking. Once the ice cream is finished, quickly run the closed pint-sized baggie under cold water to quickly clean the salt off the baggie.

Open the baggie and pop in a spoon.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
makes approximately 8 servings

Ingredients
3 zucchini (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
... 1 packet Shake & Bake Coating Mix
1 small egg

Method
Heat oven to 450ºF.
Trim the zucchini -cut crosswise in half, then cut each piece into 1/4-inch sticks. Add cheese to coating mix in shaker bag; shake gently to combine.
Whisk egg in medium bowl. Add zucchini; toss to coat. Use tongs to place 1/4 of the zucchini in shaker bag; close bag and shake to evenly coat. Spread onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Bake for 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, turning the baking tray 180 degrees after 7 min to facilitate even baking. Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients.

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:13 am

Linda love the zucc fries. I am allergic to potatoes so always looking for a good substitute YUMMY>

Anyone out there with a Mint Jam/Jelly recipe. Been looking for while for one.

Gonna try that ice cream in baggie but with my goat milk MMMM bet that will be good will let you know.:) seems easier and quieter than my machine :)
🐐izzy

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 am

I think I found this recipe on Facebook. It is so easy and so good! Perfect for summer cooking because you use your crock pot.

Crockpot Roast Recipe

1 package of brown gravy mix
1 package of dry Italian dressing mix
1 package of original dry Ranch dressing mix (not dip or mayo type)

mix all together with 1 cup of water and pour over roast in the crock pot

I use either a rump roast or sirloin tip (2 or 3 lbs)

Cook in crockpot on low anywhere from 6 to 8 hours. I find it is best for us around 7 hours.

You can add potatoes and mini carrots to make a pot roast with veggies.

Return to “Chit Chat”