Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday Nov. 24th - El's Angels Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Saturday Nov. 24th - El's Angels Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:14 pm

I just saw maryq's post, so I guess it's time to start the Sew-In! minipeach, Angie and I are getting our projects together we're going to work on tonight, munchies ready, how about ya'll?? Pop in and let's get this party started!!!!

Georgiapeach

Re: Saturday Nov. 24th - El's Angels Sew-In !

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Hey, Tulpje, how are you doing today? Hope you're feeling better! I'm almost finished piecing a Christmas lap quilt from 5" charms, so I think I'll work on that tonight. And I have my AccuCut die-cut machine up here so I think I'll cut out the pieces for a quilt with it to take home and piece tomorrow. Oh dang, I hate to leave the cabin, I love it up here!

Anyone else here yet???

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:31 pm

GP people are looking for u under Maryq"s post!!!
better straighten them out!!LOL

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:49 pm

Got to cook supper first and then I'll be back :)

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:25 pm

I'm here....

Is this the right one????

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:31 pm

GP...what is an "AccuCut die-cut machine"? Is it the same one that's used in scrapbooking or a special one for quilting?

Sandy

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:31 pm

mcmema, what are you going to work on tonight? I just finished cutting squares of assorted reds, greens and golds getting them ready to use in the die-cut machine for that Tumbler block shape. It is a real simple and easy quilt, the die-cut shape already has the corners angled so piecing them is great. My backs been "out" this weekend so I haven't been moving much! LOL! So, if sitting at the sewing machine gets to me I'll switch back over to my Grandmother's Flower Garden English paper piecing project. I also have a charm square Christmas quilt 3/4 pieced. So, I can rotate projects tonight! LOL! Is it cold where ya'll are? It is here and tomorrow we're getting more rain....yahoo!, we need it so bad! So it's really good "sitting by the fireplace weather".

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm

I actually started to put DH quilt together & I think it may work!

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:33 pm

gp im working on getting my grandsons quilt done I fussy cut some motorcycles out and did a log cabin around them in bright oranges to match the flames on the bikes!
almost ready to sew together.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi, Caren! Yep, you're in the right place! Sandy, the Accucut is the same machine that's used in the scrapbook stores. They have tons of quilt shapes, even strip dies, and sets of quilt blocks like for popular patterns, (Double Wedding Ring, Drunkard's Path, etc...) and their dies are fabulous for die-cutting applique shapes! And their rag quilt dies are great, the fringing is already done and the batting squares are cut to exact shape. I do a lot of scrapbooking, and use it for making cards for our customers, but I was thrilled when they started making dies for quilts!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”