Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
CindyB

Re: El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Post by CindyB » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:05 am

Queen Mother!!!! (((HUGS))) It's so great to see you online! How have you been??! I often wonder if you catch all that GP says she's doing for you quiltwise!

I'm off shortly to that DH to the MRI, stopping at B&N for new Elm Creek book, and some fabric shopping - need blenders!

Love ya all!

Cindy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:22 am

Sorry I missed you all last night. Stayed out longer with my friend than I had intended. Haven't seen each other in several years so lots to catch up on. Up early today for work. Will read all the posts later. Working two shifts today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:41 am

some folks stayed up very late last night. I am sorry I just couldn't hang in there with the rest of you, I was just not feeling up to it. I am so glad that I was able to start working on my Christmas lap quilt and I plan on finishing up the top today. This was a great incentive to get something special done.

Till next time.

Ann

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:42 am

Hi, mom!!! I mean, Queen Mother! ROFLOL!!! Oh shoot, I didn't think you were going to read the posts! Well, you're going to love the pillowcase even though it's not a surprise now! LOL! I've got other stuff in the works for you that WILL BE a surprise!

I am STILL trying to catch up on the posts that were flying fast and furious last night....this was a hopping place, huh??!!! LOL! Man, I left to get pics of Daisy and I with our quilts for the friends that made them for us, and while DH was posting them I was cutting out pillowcases....came back and the posts were pages ahead of when I'd left!!! Fun!

SewSew, I'd love to see pics of your Christmas quilt! gardenquilter, I hope you are feeling better today!

I really enjoyed the "meeting" last night because it combined chatting and laughing with each other and I still got some things accomplished I wanted to work on. If we hadn't had the meeting I know I would have sat in my chair and not gotten up to tackle anything, and wouldn't have gotten anything done except thinking about what I needed to do. Before I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. I got several more pillowcases cut out and don't feel so behind on my projects. We're going up to the cabin in a bit and I can take them up there to whip together and get a lot done. I'm going to be a "pillowcase-making fool"...those are so fun to make, whip together so quick and will make nice gifts. I'm going to send some out Monday to QIAD-Linda for her boutique, too.

I've been thinking again (sorry!) and wondering thru the holiday season what ya'll think about having our meetings on both Fri and Sat. nights? With everyone getting off work on Fri and being tired, etc... it might work better for some on Sat. If we had meetings on both nights then we could all pick and choose what time worked best for us. I've got so much to do that I will be relieved to be at both meetings. roseytoes made 4 pillowcases last night and still managed to post, too! WOW! How did you manage that, roseytoes???!!! I want your secret! I loved seeing Littlebit's pic of her placemats!

Anyway, ya'll think about what you'd like for our meetings and what would work best for you, etc... and share your thoughts on this. All suggestions welcome! If anyone is up for it, we could do it again tonight...I'll be at the cabin sewing pillowcases like crazy!

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Sounds like another good idea to me.

You would need to post the meetings by the day & date-- it really did get me to finish some projects, and plan around it to be ready and to complete things in a committed time frame.

Enjoy the cabin this weekend.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 am

teacups, hi! Quiltin Kay just posted asking about when our next meeting was, so when you get time, why don't you go post your vote on that post, it may be seen sooner there. Great idea using the day and date when the topic is posted...thanks! That would keep things simple and prevent confusion! Thanks for your feedback. I, too, got things done by "attending the meeting" and with the holidays upon us I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time...the meetings motivate me and I need that!

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:56 pm

((beating head against wall))

I missed it. **sniff, sniff**

Maybe next time?

Return to “Projects from the Heart”