Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Georgiapeach

Re: El's Angels First Guild Meeting Is In Session!

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:15 pm

Littlebit, your placemats are adorable! Those are going to make the table look so festive and cheerful!!! Love them! Thanks for posting the pics!

MM, I'll bet you are happy dancing about winning the pinochle game! The pizza would've sounded great about 3 hours ago, but I stuffed my face unmercifully with all sorts of goodies and then topped it off with a cherry turnover! Not much sounds good right now except an alkazelter! LOL!

Bev, no, we weren't working on anything in particular, everyone was just doing their own thing. I hadn't chosen a project when we started and roseytoes said she was making pillowcases, so that sounded good to me because I was looking for something quick to do. I just completely finished the first one and it looks really nice! I'm so proud of it. The other one is cut out and pinned and ready to sew. I'm making one for my mom for Christmas to match the quilt I made her for her birthday. It's the same fabrics, except the pillowcase is flannel and the quilt was cotton with a minkee back. Now that I've tried the pattern, WOW, is it ever fun and they go together lickey-split...I'm ready to cut out some more and zip them up for QIAD-Linda's fire victims boutique! These will really make nice Christmas gifts, too! In fact, DH asked me to make some for us when he saw the one I finished.

I guess teacups has already gone to bed, I was going to ask her what the temp. was on her side of town. It's pretty chilly here ....good quilting weather! Boy, trying to get the pillowcases made I missed the posts! This has been fun, chatting and still getting gifts/projects done! Anyone still out there????

roseytoes

Post by roseytoes » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm

4 pillowcases done! Nighty nite Ladies. Se you all tomorrow.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm

G'night GP, sweet dreams to you & Daisy!! G'nite Kadie to you & your 'roos. I'll send some cold weather your way. G'nite Littlebit....enjoy your ice cream!!

kadie

Post by kadie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:17 pm

G'nite ME!
G'nite Roseytoes!

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm still here ~ eating my ICE CREAM and getting sticky fingers on the keyboard :) lol

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Goodnight MaryEllen - Sweet Dreams
Goodnight Roseytoes - Sweet Dreams

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:19 pm

I made some pillowcases a couple of years ago I think they take about 1/2 hr to make and are really nice. Way better than the store ones.

kadie

Post by kadie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:19 pm

Hey Littlebit!
What flavour aare you having? I have butterscotch! Yum!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:20 pm

I've not played Canasta so I couldn't compare, I'm sorry. I'd like to learn how to play, I love games!

Yeah, GP, I'm still here, barely but still here....the Pistons are playing the Lakers in LA. Those road games always make me stay up late. ugh!

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Chocolate Almond Fudge - The best ever!!!!

Return to “Projects from the Heart”