Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
Cathy32078

Re: Planning El's Angels First Friday Night Sew-In !

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 am

Dear Jennie, since you have been so ill, I think you should just rest at your computer and get all caught up on here & have a ball chatting. Just my 1/2 cent worth. LOL Really do what you feel like doing and just enjoy it.

Hugs

akeleyquilter

Post by akeleyquilter » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:31 am

I want to sew too. First I have to check with my hubby and see
what he's up to.

ladiehummer

Post by ladiehummer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm

I'll join in too! I've got lots of sewing to do. I've got an order for a patchwork sweatshirt jacket, and I'm trying to get some purses done to ship out to my sis in New Jersey to sell for me. Also got a small quilt I want to get done for another sis for Christmas. Can you say that I'm just a bit "busy".

kadie

Post by kadie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Teacupdelights!!!

I bow down to you!!! LOL!!!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:09 am

I'm in!!!! Unless there is another trip to the Emergency Room, I'll be in just the mood for something like this!!!

I have the following to do for wildfire victims:

Finish binding on 1 twin sized quilt
Put borders on quilt top, get quilted
Put together blocks received from Maryq into top (got sashing material last weekend) and quilt it
See if I can throw in a couple of table runners for QIAD-Linda

Also have to get my charm squares bagged and to MaryQ for the charm swap.... finish fall block swap blocks.... then I'll be caught up for the moment!!

Cindy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:38 am

I'll be late, but I'll be here. Friend coming from Las Vegas and we going to diner.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 am

kadie - thanks.

Maybe we will have to add a poetry corner....

:)

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 am

teacup, that is so cute!!! Of course, I had to sing it and I have a really really bad singing voice (the only thing that sounds worse than my singing is when I try to speak a foreign language with my accent! LOL! I tear the devil out of the English language, but you don't even want to go there when I attempt French, German or Spanish! ROFLOL!!! Cute, cute, poem...you and kadie bring so much to this forum and we love ya'll for it!

I don't know the procedures and protocol for guild meetings, but I thought for Friday Nights first meeting we'd start it out with saying a prayer for our troops and for the disaster victims, and ask God's blessings to guide and direct El's Angels to continue the good work we're doing. And also to give thanks for our wonderful forum and all that it has blessed each of us with. Then thought we'd straighten our boas, tiaras, get out our snacks and let the good times roll! What do ya'll think?

Bonnielass

Post by Bonnielass » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:20 am

GP - I think you have a great idea for starting our first sew-in night. I just sent a thank you letter to my Mom & Dad for the birthday presents they sent me. But..I thanked my Dad and told him he gave me the best present ever at the age of 4 when he gave me my first sewing machine. You are a very special person, GP, and I so admire you for all you've done for the troops and those on the forum..you are an awesome person!!!

Debby

teacupdelights

Post by teacupdelights » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:59 am

GP I like your plan.

What time shall we begin. I'm lining up projects to finish. I got a new cutting table and set it up today. My tiny sewing (and everything else) room is bursting at the seams.

Looking forward to Friday night.

Return to “Projects from the Heart”