Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Charitable Projects

Discussions about Projects & Donations for special causes.
quiltwithmom

Re: Charitable Projects

Post by quiltwithmom » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:41 pm

I have a few things ready for you Linda. So sorry it can't be more. I will be cleaning up my sewing room Monday as our son will be here for a visit for a few days. The next week I will get as much done as I can and get it off to you by Friday Nov 23 before we leave. We will be away for a week. You should get the package before the 30th.
Hugs and thanks for doing this. I am so glad I was able to help.
Kathy

justdawne

Re: Charitable Projects

Post by justdawne » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:41 pm

Linda,
Having this seperate category is genius on your part. Take a bow. I think it's stuff like this that makes this message board the cream of the crop!!

I've always admired El as one of the many women who could take a love of quilting and turn it into a viable business. Would this have happened a 100 years ago? I think taking a 'woman's art' [or historically female activity] and growing it into something in the business world is a great model for all the young girls out there. Womanly things are certainly worthy things!

Not only is El a good business woman she's also a fair business woman with lots of compassion and love to give. And now she's the inspiration for how many of us? Her patterns extend into how many projects designed to touch and support how many others??

To me she's like the rock you toss into a still lake - the cause of so many ripples.

dawne

Return to “Projects from the Heart”