Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Fall Block Swap - Closed

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
Leetec

Re: Fall Block Swap - Closed

Post by Leetec » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:05 pm

My Fall blocks went into the mail today. :)

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:42 am

CindyB and Friends,

I am soooo sorry but I am running slower than I had thought. After that trip to Houston I was exhausted and I am still 8 blocks short. I ask that you all be patient with me and I know that I will have them in the mail by early next week. If this inconveniences anyone please go on without me, if not, I promise to catch up and not delay this any longer than next week.

Ann

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:27 am

I'm patient!!!

I haven't finished my own, with everything that's been going on at my house.... now I have to FIND my fabric - it got moved when I wasn't looking, and I have to DIG it out... DH got an earful! LOL!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:04 am

Unfortunately I can't blame anyone when I can't find something in my sewing room since no one will come in without asking.LOL

Maybe I can blame the fabric fairies, scrap snatchers or fat quarter ferrets? Oh well, I guess its just me getting old.LOL

Ann

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:14 am

Welll - my sewing room was the dining room!! LOL!!

We had to move the dining room table out on the 3-season room (it's getting to be the one season we can't use it without additional heat), and moved the living room to the dining room, and the bed that was in the 3-season room into the living room. Doesn't look like DH is going to be doing stairs all winter, so we gave in. :(

I could put my quilting/sewing room in the family room upstairs, but it has no windows and is painted dark tan, and is like a cave... I could paint it, but I have quilts to make.... hey, just a thought.... I could put quilts up on the walls!!! LOL!!!

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:03 am

Maybe you could just put the bulk of your supplies upstairs and just keep what you immediately need downstairs. My Dining Room is also a sewing room and a while back my oldest son wanted to have a real nice dinner with guests. Well, I still can't find everything! Eventually, I will have everything in the old play room which I'm claiming as my quilt studio (impressive, huh). It's dark in there too so I need better lighting. I already have my Juki set up in there, but it only does straight stitch or free motion quilting. Still need my other one for fancy stitches and zigzag.

I know about being stranded downstairs. 2 1/2 years ago I fell down the stairs and broke my leg and had surgery (2 metal screws) and a leg brace. I was stranded downstairs for nearly 4 months. I couldn't handle the stairs, so I had my guys fix up a trundle bed in the living room so I could visit and watch TV.

sunsup

Post by sunsup » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Life happens. Quilters are patient. Whenever.

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:59 pm

Dear ones, don't run yourself ragged and get all stressed out. Remember this is supposed to be fun.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 am

sunsup, thanks for the kind words and lorettav, if I didn't stress and run myself ragged I would never get anything done.LOL

DH and I for years were very type A personality and couldn't just sit and relax. Over the last few years I have decided life is definitely too short to, as loretta said, run myself ragged over. I quit wearing a watch years ago because I decided that it was better to be late than not to get there at all. I must admit I have better timing now then I ever did before because I am not trying to cram a million things into my day. I just didn't want anyone to be put out by my slow poke attitude.LOL

Love ya angels, you are all the best.

Ann

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:54 am

ann. it wasn't the scrap angel that movrd you fabric, i woul have left a bagie of M&M's.

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”