Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

If you have the no baste quilting frame but want to machine quilt?

Tips, Suggestions, and General Discussions about quilting by machine.
sewbug

If you have the no baste quilting frame but want to machine quilt?

Post by sewbug » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:20 am

Put your quilt in the frame and pin baste it for machine quilting. Much easier than on the floor or bending over a table. I have the PVC white plastic floor frame and I pin baste my quilt on it. I can set down and pin or thread baste my quilt. I use to have a no baste frame and I loaned it out, never to be seen again (divorce and frame disappeared) so I use the PVC one and I have to re position the quilt top but it works great for basting.

quilterbee

Re: If you have the no baste quilting frame but want to machine quilt?

Post by quilterbee » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 am

Is this a hand quilting frame? Amie

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:30 am

Yeah, the floor PVC frame is the least expensive of the floor frames and the no basting frames are the 3 or 4 pole wooden floor frames.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 am

I have a PVC frame that I mail ordered years ago while I was in Germany. I used it to hand quilt but I never thought about using it to pin baste quilts for machine quilting. Thanks for the info, I will have to give it a try. I don't do much hand quilting anymore because of arthritis so I have started practicing machine quilting.

Return to “Machine & Longarm Quilting”