Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Egg Money BOM

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
cindyg

Egg Money BOM

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:56 am

Egg Money BOM - Block One - Grandmothers Flower Garden
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the list of all who have joined so far:
Grammy65
Littlebit
Evie
SewSew
cindyg
Georgiapeach
astitchintime
texasgal65
dforseth
kittymom
Cathy32078
happymrs
TinaMarie
xenasmom
patsyann06
gooseegg
pinkrose
lacw
TexasQuilter
CindyB
Kinderosa
dfitzhugh
Peaches
Sharons55
Kaathy
Christine72
Slick
Gramajojo
Rommel(?)
qltsbme
grammy
prairie pines
maimiea
Checkers
SewGlad
Nur5e
gaquilter
lv2create
gardenquilter
Stormy
bjgallo
towens71
debbie510
grannyQuilts1

cindyg

Re: Egg Money BOM

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:58 am

I copied and pasted this - the pictures don't show up. I thought Egg Money BOM should go here though. I couldn't find the first posting about this. Who is ram-rodding this?

Evie

Post by Evie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:25 am

I am. I asked if Andy could transfer the post over here because it has over 100 entries in it. Thanks for posting this here.

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:36 am

Here's the address for the old post which has the pictures:

http://www.quiltinaday.com/community/to ... topic=1593

Too bad the pictures couldn't transfer too.

How's everyone doing on their blocks?

June is probably a very busy time for a lot of people. Don't worry, you can still catch up! I won't be starting the next block thread until next week.

knitnoid

Post by knitnoid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:25 pm

Evie asked me to post how I did my EggMoney Quilt. Each block is framed with a 2" strip and the blocks are sashed with 3" sashing and corner stones. I quilted each block separately, and then joined them using a combination of instructions from Georgia Bonesteel, and other bits and pieces I picked up over the years. I didn't read Marti Michell's Quilting in Sections until about 4 weeks ago.

The quilt is completely machine quilted in my home sewing machine. I had it hanging at a meeting last week and discovered I like the back as much as the front. So, now I need to get a picture of the back and when I do, I'll post it and give some more detailed instructions.

This was a fun quilt to work on. The interfacing kit saved a step, and I can't say enough about the QID Flying Geese rulers. I love those so much that my first block for a recent swap I was in was Dutchman's Puzzle (8 flying geese) and the second block I did was Louisiana (4 flying geese).

Pam

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:03 am

I cut out all the fabrics for the whole quilt yesterday except for the last green. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight and start working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden block. I know I'm a little behind but I'll be able to catch up fast since I've cut out everything.

Evie

Post by Evie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:57 am

These are my blocks, thought I would transfer the photos. Top two blocks are without the extra stitching. Bottom photo closeup of my batik block after extra stitching. I did extra on the other block also, only took picture of the batik.

Evie

Post by Evie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:00 am

Grammy, SewSew, Checkers, and gramajojo, did you want to transfer your photos over here. I went to my old posts and used the edit feature to get the photo info, did a copy and then pasted it in over here. Worked great.

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:10 am

Evie, what stitch did you do the "extra" with? I really like that one best.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:23 am

dforseth, I like the "extra" stitch a lot, too. It looks like a feather stitch on my machine. I just finished my autograph blocks and need to catch up on this BOM before the new block comes around!

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”