Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Disaster quilts

Fabric Swaps, Round Robins and Block of the Month Discussions.
IowaGal

Disaster quilts

Post by IowaGal » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 am

Remember, CindyB is collecting scrappy star point blocks and is also taking orphan blocks for quilts for tornado/fire/hurricane/other diasters victims. It sure would be nice if we had a stash of them so we could send them out right away after diaster strikes.

Georgiapeach

Re: Disaster quilts

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:24 am

OMG, I wasn't thinking about orphan blocks for this! This is a perfect way to clear out the UFO's and orphan blocks I've got squirreled away!! LOL! Look out CindyB....I'm on a roll now! LOL!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:51 am

CindyB...do you care what size the orphan blocks are? Would you want any small ones?

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:12 am

orphan blocks are a great idea - I usually put mine on the back of the quilt but sometimes they just don't fit

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:40 am

Where can we send orphan blocks? I will have some in the next few days when I finish a quilt I am working on now. Plus it would be good to have it for the future.
Suzette

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:23 am

Georgiapeach ~ When are you not on a roll??? LOL I can see it now, the postman is going to need a wheelbarrow!!! ROF
You make me smile!!
Debi

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:08 am

Hi everyone - I'm back!!!

You can mail your orphan blocks - any size - I will make them fit (I feel like the Six Million dollar man narrator - better, stronger, faster...those my age know what I'm talking about!)

Please make sure to put your forum name AND your name and address on the blocks - on a note or something so that I know who they are from!!!

Need to do some double checking, but might have a cool surprise for all those sending in blocks in the near future!!!

I talked to Jeff (lost house at Greensboro, KS tornado) at the conference that I was at - the baby quilts are being passed along. He told me that they are in the process of buying another house (their property will be rezoned and they can't build there) so Connie will be busy decorating with quilts. He did say that they salvaged the quilt she was quilting, took it to a dry cleaner, and it came back to them perfect!! Connie is continuing to quilt this for their present and future homes. I will be calling Connie tomorrow to see if we can send her more quilting supplies....

Long enough, just have a lot to tell you all!!

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 am

CindyB, I'm so glad her quilt was 'rescued'!!!
Please besure to let us know if we can send her any quilting supplies.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:14 pm

I've arranged to call and talk to her tomorrow - will do so around noon. DH and I will be out on a pontoon boat in the afternoon, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post, but will let you know!

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:25 pm

CindyB. . . .

So any color, any theme, any size is OK? Wow you will probably get loads. Can we still send completed small childrens quilts?

You're an angel for doing this.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Swaps, Round Robins, BOM”