Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Community Guidelines

qiad-thomas

Community Guidelines

Post by qiad-thomas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm

• Please try to keep topics Quilting related.
  • Off Topic discussions may be removed at any moment without notice.
  • Inapproriate dicussions and comments will be removed without notice.
  • For your safety, try not to include personal information such as Home Addresses and Phone Numbers. These messages may be removed by Quilt in a Day to protect your privacy.
  • To reduce SPAM, try to use our Private Message system instead of including your personal e-mail address in a discussion.

QuiltGram8

Re: Community Guidelines

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Personal message feature has been a problem.
First it is not easy to use from Android phone. A person has to know and type the correct screen name to compose a message to send.
Then after you submit, it say your message has sent successfully, but it stays in the outgoing folder and even after 8-10 hours, it is still there. There is no way to resend.
I finally gave up and deleted 4 messages because they never sent.
Using PM system works better with my laptop, but still messages stay in outgoing and never send.
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:24 am

Velda, I think that the messages stay in the outgoing box until the receiver opens them.
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 pm

I received your PM and replied. Now I have two stuck in Draft.
One to you and one from yesterday to Izzy.
??????? Crazy!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 am

In the last few days, this issue of the PM feature has surfaced once again.
Isn't there some way to make it easier and more user friendly.
If you save a message in draft, you seem to have to jump through hoops to bring it back up and add to it and resend.
Still, the messages seem to sit in outbox until the receiver signs in. Seems there should be a better way - some how to send those to the recipient.
Some friends don't even understand how to delete old messages. I have been trying to share what I have learned by trial and error, but it's complicated and hard to given good instructions.
Can you post some tips that could be in our forum index where we could all read and follow?
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “General Information”