Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

A new Bad Girls Club

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Georgiapeach

Re: A new Bad Girls Club

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:03 am

Great! Oasis, I'm thinking easy quilts are the way to go, too. QIAD has many patterns that are easy and fun to make. Quiltcreator posted a pic of a quilt she made, Baby Blue Dreams or something like that, and it's also an easy quilt to make and would work with almost any fabrics. It's made from 2-1/2" strips and would be easy as pie for me to cut strips enough for one. QIAD has a book Scrap Quilts and Spider Web Quilts which are string piecing on foundation fabric, good use of scraps. I have an Accu-Cut large die-cut machine I use at work and not only the 2-1/2" strip dies for it, but rag quilt dies, as well, and the rag quilts are fringed and cut in the same step. I am very fortunate, I have a lot of "toys" and I want to see them put to good use. I have wanted to become more involved in charitable donations for quite some time, and I am seeing this forum as an excellent platform for all of us to do this together. My DH and I contribute funds to several different charities, but I really want to extend that to giving more of myself with quilts. Most of you already make quilts for charity thru your guilds, etc... For me, the "lightbulb went off" when IowaGal started the Christmas in July stockings for troops project. What I would dearly love to see is a whole lot of these type things spring up on here and we could all choose which one we'd like to participate in and make it a regular "swap" for us. CindyB has the quilt blocks for comfort one going on and there's the Christmas Stockings one now. With this forum nearing 5,000 members, just think what we could achieve! Maybe after the holidays when everyone has finished projects and we're through our busy season with families, etc... we could have a new category put here just specifically for this. Have numerous ones available to choose from, etc... I see it as a fun way to make all those QIAD patterns I've been wanting to make! There is no end to the number of people needing help in this world, from babies to the elderly and everyone inbetween. The possibilities are endless. We love looking at quilt pics, so we could post pics of the quilts on here and see how different they look made in different colors, etc... I need to get off my soapbox about this, but I just get so excited about it I can't help it!! LOL!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:08 am

LOL! Yes maryq, I do sleep! I get up before the sun, though, and that's when I get a whole lot of stuff done with no one to interrupt me. I don't really need a whole lot of sleep, I guess, there's just too many fun things I'd rather be doing. And being as BAD as I possibly can be is one of them! LOL!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:08 am

Good thing I had my coffee GP. lol I have a really easy pattern I am making for my guild. I'll send you a copy. It goes together really quick and you can quilt it or tie it.
Lori 8-)

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:19 am

Thanks, fatcat, I'd appreciate that! Now, get back to your coffee! LOL!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 pm

HHHEEELLLPPP - my head's spinnin'!!!!!!!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:10 pm

Oh cindyg, LOL!!!

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 pm

Well I was bad today. Figured since I was good yesterday I could be bad today. LOL Found some more fabric on QIAD Sale Fabric that I could not resist. Noticed that some was $3 a yd while some was $4 yd. A couple that I was really wanting is no longer listed. I should have ordered earlier.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:50 pm

cindyg I know what you mean. lol I was reading before my coffee this morning.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”