Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

weekend plans

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
gardenquilter

weekend plans

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:07 am

what is everyone doing this weekend? - dh says he has a picnic planned for tomorrow that is all I know - and he says Sunday is a surprise cant wait to see what he is up too - we do alot of picnics often go down to the banks of the river and eat and watch the world float by is alot of fun

SewGlad

Re: weekend plans

Post by SewGlad » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:34 am

How great that sounds. I love last minute trips. We are painting my DS & DDL's new home. Now that they are making real progress they are so excited. My DGS is working is little skinny body the whole time he is there. I even asked him if he wanted to go for ice cream and he said no he has work to do. I never heard that from an 11 year old before.

Have a romantic weekend.

Ruthie

Littlebit

Post by Littlebit » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:35 am

I'll be freezing corn on the cob, just about the last weekend we will be able to get and fresh corn, and we like to have enough to last till next season. Also, will be making homemade salsa, I really didn't want to make salsa, as it is cheaper to buy it done, but my husband wants it, and he does spoil me, so I will comply especially after going shopping today and buying a couple of new feet for my sewing machine and some fabric lol

His4everchild

Post by His4everchild » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:58 am

We are flying to Missouri to see our Grandboys and do alot of lovin on our daughter!!!

Karyn

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:05 pm

Well, weather here in the San Antonio are is supposed to be wet again so I don't really know if we will get out to do much. DH and DD#3 are planning on going to see the Simpsons movie (not my cup of tea) tonight so I will probably start quilting my ufo twin size quilt.

Saturday I have to go shopping,DD#3 will be leaving for one week on August 5th to go to Junior Air Force ROTC camp, so I have to buy her toiletries to take with her. I have errands to run, dry cleaners, grocery store, etc, so that will take up that day.

Sunday I plan on going to visit my father and discuss plans for his upcoming 85th birthday. My brothers and I are planning to have a small birthday party for him next month so I have to check with Dad to see what he would like to have.

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 pm

DD's 13th birtday party is Sat. at the local pizza place. After that I plan on sewing the rest of the weekend. DH is smoking a turkey Sunday. His firt attempt at doing that. He has found a new hobby, grilling!

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:43 pm

We will be off with the camper tomorrow. We are only staying out a couple of nights but it will be good to get away.

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:10 pm

My weekend will consist of anything to keep cool! It's still stinkin' hot and dry up here In MN.. We need rain so badly!

Tomorrow I'm going down to see Mom and see what I can do to help her out. Maybe clean up the place a little and help her shower and do her hair for her. I got groceries today and picked up a few thing for her and my brother that they can easily fix for some meals. Hoping to be home early evening as I have great plans for finishing the cookbook this weekend!

Sunday I'll be doing my house chores, getting ready for the work week ahead. Since I have a short attention span I'll probably be jumping between sewing machine, washing machine and computer all day! Besides if I don't check up on all of you... my day becomes a real drag!

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

maryq

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:42 pm

I forgot we do have plans. DH and I are taking our CCW (carring concealed weapons) lessons on Sunday. No I am going to carry it with me all the time, but I like to know I could do it legally.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:14 pm

DH has to go back to work since he's been off for 10 days. So it will be a quiet weekend with no plans. That is A-Okay with me. The last of the Peaches will be ready to pick up on Sunday, so I will go to the orchard and buy some of that variety. Russian Reds he calls them. Then I may go on down and visit my parents for awhile.

I need to wash my Through the Seasons fabric once I make up my mind on which I'm using for the Autograph Blocks and start those.

May sew on some Stockings too. I'm just going to play it by ear.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

Return to “Chit Chat”