Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Had a little visitor last night

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
cindyg

Re: Had a little visitor last night

Post by cindyg » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:16 am

Anyone who keeps a snake as a pet has a sick mind. That's my fear and I'm stickin' to it!!! LOL

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Ugh! I would have had a heart attack! Snakes are definitely not my thing! And I am a Biology teacher!!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:28 pm

I would have been right along beside you. I try not to kill anything either. The other night, I was sitting at the dining room table eating, then was going to go right back to bed. Abruptly,a longish black hardshell bug plopped right near my plate...I squished it. Then, realized he was alive, but not kicking, so, i put him in a cup and took him outside on the deck, away from the cats, so buggy could get away. Chastised myself for trying to kill it. I might kill big spiders, or flies or wasps, or mosquitoes, but that it about it. I know I am SOOO weird.

Helen

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:38 am

I can deal with snakes (killed a rattlesnake once) but PLEASE NOT LIZARDS! I think it's the way they skitter around that freaks me out. I am a nurse, for pity's sake, I have stuck needles in people and dealt with open wounds and body secretions for more than half my life, but let a lizard get into my house and I flip out--!

Carole

Chidamoyo

Post by Chidamoyo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:20 am

My mom had black snake in her garage. Don't remember if they ever got them all out. Had a brother in law that was deathly afraid of snakes and DH didn't know it and throw one at him. Boy did he disappear fast.

Welcome to the forum alwaysbernie.

Rita

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 am

A couple of weeks ago my jack russell was barking at the front door I thought someone was there I walked up to it and we have the stained glass look front door and sidelight. Anyway there was a hugh black snack slithering up the sidelight and 1/2 of the way ,I had my cell phone on me and I started tapping the window so he would go away. he didn't move very quickly but eventurally went away. We have birds nesting on the front porch and they had babies in the nest. A couple of years ago a snake killed and ate the babies all I could think is that snake was slithering over our doorfame to get to the babies. The birds nests are gone now. No more nest I will remove them from now on. I don't like snakes.

I am glad you didn't get bit I don't like snakes!

naniyosie

Post by naniyosie » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:59 am

the only good snake is a DEAD snake.
And that goes for lizards too.....
Guess that's why I have 6 cats...

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:17 am

I agree with you about the dead snake thing naniyosie. Wow 6 cats! That's awesome. I just love cats.
Lori 8-)

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:29 am

I don't want to be around snakes and they sure don't want to be around me. I don't mind turtles or fish but the rest of non furry/feather animals can stay away.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:33 am

Las twinter I was moving furniture around in my LR. I saw what I thought was a cat toy on the floor under the couch after moving it (I have 2 cats) and realized it was a dead mouse YUCK!!!!! Becca started to pick it up thinking it was a toy also and I had to stop her real quick. I guess my cats had the thing cornered and killed it. They are such good mousers and fly and spider catchers. I would be lost without them.

Brenda

Return to “Chit Chat”