Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need some advice on how to get products without getting ugly!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
luv_2quilt60

Need some advice on how to get products without getting ugly!

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:44 am

Ok..Here is the Deal I ordered some quilting templates from another source on here<<<sigh>>>> and It's been since June, 11..I write and ask there customer service weekly and they say it's on it's way..still no products..I am madder than a wet Hen....I know one thing ..when you order from QIAD you get what you order with a smile! I hope LOL...but wouldn't you all be mad? and to beat it all its one of the shows on QNN ..I need to know what to do!!!!!!!!

Leetec

Re: Need some advice on how to get products without getting ugly!

Post by Leetec » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 am

Is there a phone number you can call for customer service? That seems to get better results for me then writing letters.

towens71

Post by towens71 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:51 am

How did you pay for it? If it was CC - check to see if its been posted, if so, you might be able to contact the CC Company and dispute the charges. They aren't supposed to charge your card until it's shipped.

Another thing my Husband does is mention that he rates whomever he buys from. If they have good service they get good ratings, reseller ratings is what its called, and that's all I know. You might mention that you are a member of large board (QIAD) and that you would give them a good review if your order is shipped promptly, but it sounds as though that might be out of the question. Good luck!

Traci

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:12 am

I'd call customer service for that site. It may be lost in the mail. I had that happen recently. I called and they said it had been in LA for 2 weeks not moving. So they sent out another package and I got it in 3 days.
Lori 8-)

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:23 am

Yes, yes and yes...it was shipped to another place in Va..which I'm in WV and Yes, they charged already my DC and yes, they said they shipped out another order..that was ,let me see last Tues another week...and yes, there is a number..I am mad and it may not be pretty what i say...And I WONT order nothing else from them I should post the place on here, but i won't!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang I am mad!!!!!!!

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:08 am

Are they tracking to retrieve it? Are they sending another package with gift for your trouble? Good gracious, I am glad I don't order from many places online if I don't know them. Sorry you are having trouble.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 am

You have a right to be mad. Out of spite I think I would tell them to cancel it, but you many never get your money back. Sorry to say, but basically you have no control here. El's company would never, ever do that. Her crew is like family. Can you call your DC company and tell them that it has never been received. I don't like to use the DC for internet business, just because it is hard to get your money back. The bank probably will say it's your problem. Have you gotten a name from customer service.

One more thing you can do is to send a certified letter, with receipt, to the company and maybe then they will see that you mean business. Don't show rage, just firm, make it straight forward.

Good luck.

Ruthie

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:46 am

I would call and let them know you posted about the bad service you received from them. They don't have to know you didn't say who they are, but you should to keep others from having the same problem. Catalogue and online sites need to start taking postings about service very seriously. Online posts can make or break a business fast as lightening. The businesses that know this will succeed. I tell everyone how great QIAD is for service, prices and sales. I certainly tell about any bad service I receive too.

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:12 pm

Threatening them will do no good. You can deal with your emotions AFTER you have gotten the goods! If they say it is on the way, ask what does that mean exactly? was it shipped UPS, US mail, whatever. Get a tracking number. Get the name of every single person you talk to, the time and date. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Check with your CC comapny, as many of them now have special CS folks to help with internet transactions. Do this via phone if at all possible. If they give you a ticket number for the problem, get it or ask if they have one.

BarbieJean

Post by BarbieJean » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:19 pm

Definately call your credit card company and dispute charges. They are understanding and it works very well.

Return to “Chit Chat”