Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I am so Happy Everyone Is Entering Quilting Projects at Their Local Fairs!!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Nadine2007

I am so Happy Everyone Is Entering Quilting Projects at Their Local Fairs!!

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:14 pm

I am so happy to see so many of you entering the fair. I think the one I go to in Missouri starts the fairs off in our area. I am so happy for all of you. Keep showing our quilts at the local fairs our world needs to see what us quilters are up to. There are so many beautiful projects on this forum.

If you are thinking about entering a quilt let us know. We want to be a part of your success.

quilterliz

Re: I am so Happy Everyone Is Entering Quilting Projects at Their Local Fairs!!

Post by quilterliz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:17 pm

I missed this year's fair, but I hope to enter next year.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:17 pm

I entered an afghan in the Erie County Fair several years ago and got a white ribbon. I did a Norman Rockwell counted cross-stitch pattern in the afghan stitch but haven't entered anything since. Maybe I'll enter a quilt in one of the OH fairs next year.

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:42 pm

I have a couple of quilts to enter but our fair isn't until 3rd week of Sept.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 pm

I hope everyone on here enters in their local fair next year. The world needs to see our work. We will grow and get others involved in our quilting world. This is how I started I saw a beautiful quilt and I wanted to make one.

Maybe after Christmas we could all start our projects for our local fairs. Some of us could even make the same quilts together and see how everyone does.

fabricangel

Post by fabricangel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:54 am

I entered two pieces in the Butler County in fair in Hamilton, Oh. I went to the fair on Sunday but the judging was not finished in my divisions. They were hoping to be finished yesterday or at the latest today. I am going to the fair on Thursday with my sisters and my mom and I will see if I get a ribbon or not. I am already working on stuff for the fair next year. I am thinking about entering stuff in several area counties.

In stitches,
fabricangel

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:37 am

Good luck fabricangel. I'll be thinking about you and your entries. Let us know when you find out how you did!!

quilt1932

Post by quilt1932 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:53 am

Fabricangel - Butler County in Hamilton, OH, is one of my favorite fairs. I may not be able to get there this year but wish you the best of luck.

Return to “Chit Chat”