Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

What a mess

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
IowaGal

What a mess

Post by IowaGal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 pm

I went into work this morning and there were IV bags, intubation units and bags, surgical packs everywhere. We had two emergencies over the weekend. I got that cleaned up and my boss informed me that we were broken into and robbed of all of our cash. I had to take inventory of all of the schedule II drugs. (The cabinets were still locked, but the state requires the records be checked, inventorycounted, etc) Then half of our phone jacks decided they wanted an extra day off, so I couldn't get the fax or credit card machine to work.

The only highlight was Dakota, a rottweiler, who had a front leg amputated a couple of years ago due to being hit by a car. his owner wanted us to check his head, as his HEAD was run over by a car. (He was trying to eat the tires) He is FINE. some scrapes, a broken blood vessel in his eye... that dog certainly has a serious will to live! His owner just shook her head and was laughing about it as was I, because you just have to know Dakota to understand why this is so funny. this is the 3rd time he has been hit (all on the farm) He has been kicked twice by horses. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking! Dr. was cautious about treating him, as he was in 2 weeks ago with a serious ear infection and later that day he made a farm call there and Dr. said it was the first time in 20 years of practice that a dog came after him and he couldn't stop. If Suzi hadn't been there, he was sure he would have taken him by the throat. In the office he is a lamb.

Anyways, it was a long and trying day.

mequilter9158

Re: What a mess

Post by mequilter9158 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Sure hope that your day tomorrow will be much better. What a wonderful and rewarding job to be working with animals all day long. It's something I would absolutely love to do, although know that I'd probably end up bringing most of them home with me. At work we're a dog-friendly bank and customers often bring their dogs in for a visit. Usually one of the other girls & I make homemade dog treats & have them there. One of the customers said we treat the dogs better than we do them. (The dogs don't complain) lol.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 pm

What a war story. Glad everything turned out OK with Dakota. Maybe he is too stupid to know when he is hurt.

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:34 pm

You just never know what a Monday will bring.

kadie

Post by kadie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Mondayitis Don't you hate it?!

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Glad you weathered the storm. Our office was robbed and what a mess.

Maybe that dog is really a cat with 9 lives. LOL

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:13 am

Sure am glad everyone wasn't in when the robbers came.

Dakota, wow, what a dog!?! If I hd been the Dr., I would have been runnin and screamin into town.

Have a great day today!

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:19 am

Sure hope today is better.

Loretta

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:25 am

Ya gotta love Dakota!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:14 am

Dakota reminds me of a black lab we once had, named Buddy Boy. Oh the stories I could tell you about Buddy Boy, he was one wild child!

Return to “Chit Chat”