Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
quilterbee

OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

Post by quilterbee » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm

Well, tomorrow is the day that'll change 2 people's lives forever. I've been trying to choke this deal down since they told me....MAY 1. She's being induced tomorrow and neither of them have a clue. I'm supposed to be there in delivery, unless things go sour. I'll let you guys know when it gets here. Amie

sewbug

Re: OT- my teenager's baby coming tomorrow

Post by sewbug » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:26 pm

My youngest surprised us with my one and only grand. (Best surprise I ever got or ever will get but I didn't let her know that for a long time) She was in her third year of collge and still didn't have a clue!

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:27 pm

I am praying that all goes well. When you hold that little baby I bet you just fall in love! Things will work out.....and please keep us posted.
Susie

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:29 pm

How old is your daughter? I remember when I was a teenager and a friend of mine had a baby. (She was only 14 at the time!) Her mother told her that her childhood was over. That her baby came before hanging out with friends and going to parties.

Keep your chin up. We're here for you. This is a very tough lesson your daughter is having to learn.

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 pm

My good friend has a 15 year old daughter and they told us a couple of months ago she is pregnant. She is due Oct 30 they are not talking about it too much. Her dad is pretty upset he has to pay, no insurance will. I'll be praying for you and your family tomorrow. Hang in there.

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:20 pm

Will keep you all in prayers for a healthy delivery. May God give you all the strength and doctors wisdom.

quilt1932

Post by quilt1932 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:25 pm

There is nothing more important than that the child is well. That baby will change a lot of lives.

DarleneElaine

Post by DarleneElaine » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Children are innocent and a blessing. They need us and count on us to take care of them, love them, and teach them goodness, and to walk with God in their hearts.

There is nothing on earth that compare to that child when they lay him or her in your arms for the first time.

Consider the good side rather than the age of your daughter. Make it a good experience while teaching a lesson in life that she will learn with time. The child comes first and always will. I gave up much so my two daughters could have things. Her childhood is gone and a lot of her freedom is gone, but she will have a beautiful child.

I was 30 when I had my first and I will never forget bringing her home. It was the most wonderful time of my life. My husband walked around our home showing her all the pictures on the walls and talking to her as he walked. It was precious. Good can come out of this. You will have a wonderful grandchild.

kadie

Post by kadie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Amie

How hard this must be for you, your baby having a baby. It is going to be hard on her too, especially if you are not there to help her through it all. It sounds like she has hidden her pregnancy from you which must make it harder for you to accept.
All you can do is try to be there for her and your new grandchild. What is meant to be, is meant to be. You are in my prayers.

nana

Post by nana » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:30 pm

Hang in there i have 4 daughters , my 18 yearold just had a baby in March still in highschool, 3 years a go my daughter that was 17 at the time got pregnant and she is on her 3rd child not married and neither no what they are doing so my door is open to help out anytime but i will not raise them i love them all my grandbabies are everything got two due oct.23 & Oct.31. Will have 6 total in 3 years. But wouldn,t give any back. sorry for rambling on. Just pray to god and be their. i will be praying for youre whole family !!!!

Return to “Chit Chat”