Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Detour quilt...Coffee Time

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
LynnS

Detour quilt...Coffee Time

Post by LynnS » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:42 am

I was going to start a Halloween quilt but I just saw a really nice quick scrappy quilt in BH&G book "Scrap Basket Quilts". It's called Coffee Time and has 4 pieced coffee mugs across the top and 6 going down. It looks like a fun FQ projet. I have the perfect wall space in my kitchen for it, just outside the laundry room. I can pick novelty prints for it too.

I wanted to post a picture of the finished quilt from the book to show you but I don't think it's allowed.

The designers are Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan.

I wish the LQS was open today (Sunday) so I could go get FQ's!

HomespunMary

Re: Detour quilt...Coffee Time

Post by HomespunMary » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:25 am

Ha, ha, LynnS, a detour quilt! I love the expression, that's exactly what I'm working on at the moment, a detour quilt project.. :-)

I had planned to start on three different quilts this summer, and only one had to be finished anytime soon, by the beginning of September... So, had cut out fabric for all three, and started to piece parts of all of them, but.... Here I am, working on another, fourth quilt instead right now! I can so sympathize with you! It seems to be part of the quilting addiction! LOL!

The coffee time quilt sounds lovely!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:29 am

That sounds like a fun quilt.
Lori 8-)

QuiltLady57

Post by QuiltLady57 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:21 am

It seems to me that a detour quilt is what leads to our UFOs.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:52 am

I saw that quick quilt. It is really cute. Have fun, but you MUST finish it before you start something else. I am going to start training the UFO people. Like that is going to happen.

I have a confession. I hate UFOs, but I do have two things going right now. Shame on me. I am the one who advocates a NO UFOs ZONE at my house. I think you guys are a bad influence on me, but I don't care I love ya all.

Ruthie

LynnS

Post by LynnS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:19 am

OK I promise I'll finish the Disney "Cars" theme mini quilt that I started for my son. All I have to do is put the binding on. But I have to wait for his nap time to do it, and then I have so many other things to do!

So far the coffee quilt and the others (Halloween and denim quilt) are still just in my mind's eye, not PIGS (projects in grocery sacks).

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:46 am

Detour Quilt? LOVE that idea!

I'm trying so hard to keep focused on one project at a time... it's so hard when there's so many I want to do!

In my sewing room downstairs, I have 3 tote bags cut out ready to sew and am working on the quilt for God Daughter, BUT upstairs I have fabric laid out for Sara's quilt--still trying to put the right colors together. I THINK I might have it, but I'm going to take a picture and post and see what y'all think

Most of the things that detour me from quilting are house chores! YUK
That's why I sew at the cabin, so I don't see my messy house!

Maryq

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 am

Sounds like fun.

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:43 pm

I LOVE coffee, is this a recent book? Where did you get it?

Return to “Chit Chat”