Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hi Everyone! I''m Lodads Sister

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
javin22

Hi Everyone! I''m Lodads Sister

Post by javin22 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:34 am

Hi everyone, what a wonderful welcome I received in Lowells post " I finally got my Sister to join"! I have been busy sewing bear paw the last few days. I love to sew, it has been my life passion. I have sewn everything from quilts to wedding dresses. I was a factory seamstress for 10 years. I then did custom sewing for decades after that. I don't sew as much or as often in the last 6 years, as I have fibromyalgia among other things. I only like to sew quilts now, I no longer do custom sewing. I suffer with pain every time I sew, so I limit it to what I want to sew. I still do shirts for Lowell but I take forever to get enthused to do it. I am amazed how Lowell has really taken off with sewing. He is doing a great job with his quilts. I am proud of his work. Sewing runs in our family. Our Mother was a seamstress. Our Grandmother on our Fathers side owned her own tailor shop. Our Dad also sewed rugs and made moccosens out of leather. My daughters also sew. When it is in the blood this thick, how can you not sew. lol. Well thanks again for the warm welcome. Vinae

OK I posted some of my pictures on the photo section under my puff quilts

qltsbme

Re: Hi Everyone! I''m Lodads Sister

Post by qltsbme » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:35 am

Welcome, Vinae, glad to have you! We are a great group but watch out for Sewglad. You NEVER know what she is gonna pull next.

lv2create

Post by lv2create » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:41 am

Welcome Welcome Welcome, so nice to have you join this group of wonderful people. It sounds like you have many years of experience and we can learn a lot from you. Have fun and post often.

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:44 am

Welcome Vinae. We're looking forward to seeing a photo of your Bear Paw. We enjoyed looking at Lowell's quilts. Welcome to the site.

You and your brother are not the only siblings on here. SewGlad and Qltsbme are sisters and sometime we have to separate them. They tend to misbehave. :^) But they don't bite unless you get between them and their M&M's!

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:49 am

Welcome Vinae glad to see your post I have been waiting to hear from you. Did Lowell tell you about the Autograph block swap he joined I asked him if you would want to join also. I understand if you don't. But didn't want to leave you out either. The blocks are not due to me until Sept 27th. Think about it and I'm so happy to see you hear. Sounds like we can learn alot from you and all of your sewing experience. Talk to you later Bev

sewbug

Post by sewbug » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:07 am

Nice to meet you! Sewbug Cindy

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Vinae,
Welcome, we are glad to have you join us. I hope you will post to a lot of discussions. You have experience and background in sewing and will be a very valuable asset in responding to some problem areas.

happy to have you here!
Linda

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 pm

Howdy Vinae..and Welcome...Your soooooo welcome here.....

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I would like to add my welcome too. Hope to hear lots from you.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 pm

Welcome Vinae!

Just a word to the wise, don't get between Sewglad and qltsbme's Pepsi, either. The fur has been known to fly with those two on both of these subjects.

Return to “Chit Chat”