Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Weekend Plans?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
sewbug

Re: Weekend Plans?

Post by sewbug » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:48 am

I was in Atlanta during spring break and got stuck in the traffic for over 2 hours trying to get out of Atlanta. That is a nightmare place to drive!

lv2create

Post by lv2create » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:49 am

My plans are sitting in the gym watching DS play basketball all weekend and happy to do it. Thanks for asking :)

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:26 am

Taking a break from painting.. gotta let the 1st coat dry before I can do the second. Seriously considering a short nap!

Cathy.. you wouldn't want me NEAR of your places that need paint! I am literally the world's worst. It's one of my least favorite jobs! I hate the trimming and all the prep work, I just want to roll it and be done!

Didn't realize the blue paint underneath was so dark until I started putting the new stuff on.
If this works, you should be able to see the color I'm painting. It's call Refreshing Teal

Definately think I'm going to go take that nap now!

Let me know if this works

http://benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portal ... el=fh_home

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:11 am

My son is coming home today from the Army. So I will hopefully spend some time with him and working on my autograph blocks gp got me sucked into doing!!!! or was it????????? hmmmmm, I better go back and look at my emails....

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:21 am

I am going to a convention up in Dayton Ohio this weekend and am so looking forward to it. The getting ready is the hard part.

I also got my DD's sewing machine that I bought for her off of Ebay and really want to get things done to play on it for a little while with her.

Brenda

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:35 am

Cathy02078:

Was 101 here Sunday and probably Monday...Rapid City, SD. It is still warm, but we have been blessed with cool nights. Don't have to turn on the AC.. It is a wall AC, have lived in this 4 plex since it was built...8/96. Builder put it smack dab in middle of the longest wall----have cathederal ceilings. Kitch, DR & LR all open. Kitch. cupboard partialy sep. kitch and dr. Have a really nice red wood deck. Need to plant my flower seeds, and 2 packs of the tiny yellow tomato seed don't you people think. Ah, the Sacramento summer with my mother and grandmothers tomato plants. Our relative grew all the fruits one can imagine. All kinds of berrier, for pies, cereal, etc. I remember it well!

Speaking of rain, we have had very little the past two weeks. Rain most of May and June and nice and green...now Have a nice weekend.

Glad you mentioned the Muslin, I need to get some really good muslin, as I want to do a wall handing for "Single Sister" missionaries. They have lost their husbands, etc. Older, like me. Anyway one of them leave July 10, to return home. Missions are 2 years for the single young men and women. They are wonderful.

Probably will get the house in order as my daughter and my 2 grandsons will be here after (well not actually at my house for a short couple of hours visit) the 4th and re-arranged my vacation plans. Alec will stay with me un til July 15, she will drop him off on her return to CO. and I CAN stay until July 22. My plans were to come later on and stay two weeks. Think I will find a place in Parker, not motel, but rent a room. She will be spending all of her time with her dad and step m. (she is really nice) in a College/retirement town about 50 miles from here. They have a cabin they come to every so often.

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:37 am

I plan on quilting, have 2 church league softball games, watch DD play her softball game, and maybe go to the last night of the county fair and eat fair food. But I really want to finish my Christmas blocks so I can then get my autograph blocks done. I am also thinking about what to do for my Hoffman Challenge quilt.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am

Sewglad: Did you have your hip surgery, or are you going to have it done this Tues? A week ago, I learned I do not have to have hip surg. or hip relacements. Hip Hip Horray.

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:43 am

Oasis: You little bugy is so adorable and thanks for including the photo. With gas prices so outrageous, I would imagine your buggy gets very good mileage. Also, happy to hear things are going as well as can be expected, under the circumstances. What a a horrific experience for anyone to go through. Were robbers caught?

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:43 pm

Sewglad. . .

Please have someone let us all know how you are doing. You are going to feel so much better in a few weeks. We will all be there with you on Tuesday.

Pilot2b. . . .The buggy is a vw engine so gets lots of miles to the gallon. They have not caught the robber yet. She is not looking forward to testifying.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Return to “Chit Chat”