Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Newby

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Peaches

Re: Newby

Post by Peaches » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:33 am

Welcome to our happy little home within a home. You may want to try classes at the Tall Mouse or Leah's in your area. Most of the ladies there are very helpful. I took my first formal quilting class at LBCC and actually got 3 units of fine art credit for it. Zfatcat doesn't live too far from you in Fullerton, so maybe you two can meet up.
Can't go wrong with QIAD books and fabrics and notions and fusiables and....well, you get the point.

AudreyB

Post by AudreyB » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:57 am

Thank you all for you very warm welcomes! I got the credit card out and put it to good use this morning. I took all of your advise to heart and purchased the following:
Machine Quilting Primer
Log Cabin
Still Stripping
It's "El"ementary
Plus a "few" notions along the way! I am sure with all of your good advise in purchases, I will be well on my way soon!

Thanks again,
Audrey

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 am

Just go to: http://www.quiltinaday.com/classes/ and look at all the classes, there's even a beginner one. And they are so friendly there, I'm sure one of them would be happy to help you choose your fabric for a special quilt. Even to helping you to decide which quilt to do first.

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:22 pm

Audrey, I hope you have learned enough from us to purchase enough at the sales to qualify for the free shipping??? Good choices on the books and DVDs. The DVDs help those of us who learn by seeing, not just looking at the pictures. I always appreciate a demo!

Jasinta

Post by Jasinta » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 am

Hi Audrey
There are hardly any quilting classes in my area either, but I have found all of Eleanor's books and DVD's so very helpful!

I also watch a lot of quilting shows, they all have their different techniques. I'm a very visual person, and have to see it in order to learn it. But the books are a great resource.

My two daughters are also picking up the art of quilting because of my enthusiasm hahaha. I've recorded every program I can get my hands on and have passed it on to them.

qltsbme

Post by qltsbme » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:10 am

Audrey,
Wise selection of books for someone beginning. You are gonna have so much fun with this!!!!

Return to “Chit Chat”