Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Who do YOU know

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Leetec

Re: Who do YOU know

Post by Leetec » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Very well said, TheKid. I'd love to meet you some day.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 pm

qltsbeme is blonde, she just hides it with that dark coloring. Or could she be covering up an other color? Will we ever know? I think I will take a real close look at that hair when she is sleeping. Look for future information.

The inquiring sister,

Ruthie

susannon

Post by susannon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:41 pm

I live in the UK and went to a Rare Breeds (farm animals) Show in Windsor Great Park about 15 years ago. I was leaning on a wall and looking at the Gloucester Old Spot pigs when I heard a voice say 'That's a fine pig'.

Hmmm, I thought, I know that voice. I turned around and next to me was the Queen - yes truly the Queen. I didn't speak to her, obviously, and she was talking to the bodyguard who had accompanied her down from Windsor Castle. (This was before the whole 9/11 terrorist trouble - now she would have about 10 bodyguards I expect!).) She had driven herself in a green Jaguar car, which was outside the huge tent where some of the animals were penned.

Just at that point the organisers of the show started bowing and scraping and showing the Queen around and of course we all moved back and watched. What was she wearing? Well she had on a navy blue two piece silk suit with turquoise spots and sensible shoes. She is very small indeed with beautiful skin.

Have just finished and received back my Underground Railroad quilt from the long-armer. It is soooo beautiful. I will put pictures of it, and especially of the very surprising backing fabric which took me ages to find on eQuilter.com!

Love,

Sue

quilterliz

Post by quilterliz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:29 am

I have met Jerry Rice, Gabriella Sabatini (had picture taken with her, beautiful girl!), Billy Jean King, Chris Evert, Martina Navritilova, and Joe Montana(gorgeous blue eyes)to name a few. I am a certified athletic trainer, so I met these people through my job. I also met John Denver on a choir trip back in high school. He was riding in the elevator in the hotel (before the days of body guards and tight security).

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:14 am

TheKid,
I loved reading your post. You have been around the block girl! lol

We met in Paducah! What year was it? I sure hope I wasn't crabby, Paducah makes me absolutley crazy. It is just so stressful and so much work.
Would love to see the pictures you have. Hopefully, we will get to meet in Paducah next year.

Return to “Chit Chat”