Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

weekend plans

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Leetec

Re: weekend plans

Post by Leetec » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:19 am

Today we're getting ready for DS#2's graduation/party. Tomorrow is party. Sat night and Sunday we'll clean up and go to church. DH will go back to work Sunday afternoon and I'll crash. Maybe get some sewing done.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:23 am

lhostelley the last time i was in castle rock there was a stop that looked like an old general store. Have a girlfriend who built there with her husband they had to leave the hot tub to the bear. I went to visit and a fox spent the evening looking in the window at us.
they are divorced now and she lives in pueblo

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:28 am

gd is coming in tonight for the summer! She will spilt her time between us and her daddy. We haven't seen her since Christmas so I've got lots planned but first she gets time with her dad. I'm sure 'nana' {me] will be on the to do list first thing tomorrow as I'm cooking breakfast!

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:07 am

gardenquilter, The quilt shop you are refering to is now closed. The lady that owned it needed to sell due to health reasons. Two shops have opened there now and are on the east side of the city.
The animals are alot of fun to watch. We have them all in the area I live but it is not uncommon for any of the areas close to the mountains to have them. In my yard over the last 30 years we have had bears, cyotes, racoons, fox, elk, deer and of course the snakes of all varieties. Other than the snakes I do enjoy watching them from the safety of my home.Linda

Sara

Post by Sara » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:13 am

I'm going to pick up my 16 yo daughter at church camp tomorrow morning. Excited. I'ved missed her ALOT! Then, I'll get my 2 yo granddaughter to spend the night. last Saturday when she was at my house, she got ahold of some glue you put fingernails on with and glued the outside one-third of her eye together. (She thought it was eyedrops) We had to take her to the emergency room. Scared me to death! But, her eye finally came open yesterday. Hope this weekend is a little quieter.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 am

Saturday will not be a lazy day as planned earlier. Our 1st adopted DGS that I love with all I have, is coming to spend the weekend with us. I am so excited to have my special buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be 5 in Aug. and is a ball of fire. Going shopping with him at Sam's & the grocery store is always fun. LOL Sunday evening DH & I will both be dragging. But oh how fun it will be.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 am

I've got a hair appt. tomorrow a.m. after I go to the chiropractor. I won't say how long it's been since I've been to see either, but the chiropractor is going to fuss at me and my hairdresser will probably faint when she sees what she's got to deal with! LOL! Bless her heart! I want to do something different this weekend, maybe do some quilting! ha! ha! Tiggersmom, I know you're so excited to see your little granddaughter! Enjoy your little girl!

grammy65

Post by grammy65 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 pm

I'm one lucky girl...ah woman....ah old woman!!!! My girlfriend's daughter made a quilt top. She is washing my windows this weekend in exchange for me quilting her quilt on my LA. Actually there are two quilts. I am also furnishing the backing and batting. But she is on her own for the binding...my least favorite thing to do. I have lots and lots of windows. Really doubt if she will finish on Sunday, but just so she gets the 13 windows on our front enclosed porch. Oh how I hate to do windows.

SewGlad

Post by SewGlad » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Does she do Michigan windows. I have long arms, but not a long arm quilter, but I give good hugs.

Ruthie

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:53 pm

its great to trade - I trade for spring cleanings from time to time

Return to “Chit Chat”