Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Stocking UHHHHH "sock" count

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
IowaGal

Stocking UHHHHH "sock" count

Post by IowaGal » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Jake and I went through everything I have and this is the results.

In my possession, I have "socks" from
Catwoman
Judy K
Bluemoon (2 pkgs)
Bransmom (2 pkgs)
Linda S
Shafer (please tell me your screen name, I am drawing a HUGE blank! (2 pkgs)
Peaches
JoAnn H (2 pkgs)
huganurse
QIAD Linda
CindyB I will discuss you and your later!
Tiggersmom
Txquilter
SewSew
Bess M
Lifeisgrand
Susanne B
Maryq

For a total of 105. Mrs. Cindy is a very charming man, and her sheltie is a real sweet-tart! Tell him my cat bite is looking bad, I can barely use my hand and I think it may be Infected. ( took penn and cephalexin, should be ok in a few days, but I can barely type!)

Hope he didn't run into bad weather going home, I wished we had had more time to chat, although it was nice speaking with Cindy on the phone. Thank you all so very much, I need to shut everything down, we have so pretty wicked lightening going on right now.

if I missed anyone, please let me know.

QIAD-Linda

Re: Stocking UHHHHH "sock" count

Post by QIAD-Linda » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:14 pm

I am in prayer for you Iowa, praying against bad weather.

I know that Georgiapeach sent you stockings so I think we have it made! I am so happy that we all did this together. Everything is so much more fun when sharing it with all of you!

BarbieJean

Post by BarbieJean » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Not sure what that was all about on the bottom of your post, but if you have a cat bite that looks infected watch out!!! My husband got bit by our cat a few years ago, and ended up in the hospital having emergency surgery. He was very sick and could not even lift his arm up. Cat bites are very serious and dirty.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:17 pm

I sent a pkg. a few weeks ago, and you should be receiving the 2nd pkg. probably tomorrow. Oh gosh, I hope the last one sent arrives!!!

Take care with the weather and be safe!

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:42 pm

What was the goal for the total 'sock' count?

lorettav

Post by lorettav » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Take care of that hand. Praying that the bad weather will go away.

Loretta

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Glad to see you have so many stockings.

Please take care of the cat bite-both my DH and DD#3 have had cat scratch fever...not a lot of fun for either one. If you know what cat bit you, you can have them tested.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:43 am

The goal is 130.

DH drove 2 xerox boxes of stockings and stuffings to IowaGal yesterday and there were tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings between there and home (started after he was well on his way!)

So, IowaGal, Her DH, and My DH had lunch together, I got to talk to her on the phone (she sounds just as she seems here on the board - wonderful!)

IowaGal - I will let DH know about the cat bite!

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:57 am

Peach pit, I got yours, first. I had tucked it away and thank you for reminding me, I KNEW I was forgetting something.

We were anaestasizing a cat for surgery.. and it is positive for feline leukemia and FIV. I knew better, I was holding it tight but it slipped and he nailed me in the middle of the underside of my forearm. It hurts like the dickens.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 am

Here's yesterday's delivery:

Hope this doesn't come out too bad - That's IowaGal and the 2 boxes DH took to her...

Return to “Chit Chat”