Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

I have given in to my bad ways again

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
maryq

Re: I have given in to my bad ways again

Post by maryq » Mon May 21, 2007 2:20 am

Holon

I don't know what I was more excited about yesterday when I got home from the cabin.... Your envelope of FQ's or my alimony check!

Don't stress out over your order from QIAD.... it was things you needed as much as a person needs air! You've been working extra hard lately and deserve a little QIAD treat!

ps. I know right where my new FQ's are.... but I've misplaced my alimony check! Am praying to St. Anthony to help me find it because I sure don't want to have to call DEX for a new check. It's hard enough getting the 1st one out of him!

Maryq

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 am

It is true that if you reward your short term achievements, it will be easier to reach your long term goals. I think if you are good for 3 months in row that deserves a small treat. And $75 is nothing if you look at the large picture.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 21, 2007 3:14 am

Well girls, I've done my civic duty for today!

didn't want Holon to feel bad about her purchases, so I too went to QIAD shop online and ordered a bunch of fabric that I don't really need.. But it was on SALE!!! Ok I did need to get some repro's for the Autograph swap, but gosh, you know, you just have to go for it when you can get free shipping!

I'll sure feel much better about it when I find my missing check!

maryq

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 21, 2007 3:17 am

You've worked hard lately, you deserve a little treat. Enjoy your mew stuff.
Lori 8-)

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon May 21, 2007 4:14 am

I would call them up and put a hold on it till this weekend. There's suppose to be a really BIG sale this weekend and Linda is only hinting at it. Who know's, some of what you ordered might be on sale. At least PM Linda and find out if you should put it on hold. I doubt that they have had a chance to process it yet. Just my two cents. Also, Nancy has some good advice, might as well get that free shipping!

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Mon May 21, 2007 4:18 am

enjoy you new purchase we all need a boost now and then

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 am

My dear sweet Holon,
I feel terrible that you are feeling guilty about spending $$$. Please let me know if you want to cancel the order. I can still pull it out and hold it for you.

Linda
Monday, May 21 - 8:05 am Pacific Time

quiltfan35

Post by quiltfan35 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 am

I think you are doing great on your savings and yes if the items are needed then you sould get them everyone needs a treat unless it will hurt your family buget to get them if not don't feel guilty.
Have a Blessed Day,
Tina

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Mon May 21, 2007 5:58 am

Holon if its needed items don't feel bad!!!!!!!!
I think you are doing great saving for your la! Truely I do.....but you still need fabric/rulers, etc while you are saving.

I think Nancy's idea about spending more to get the free shipping is a smart idea. And Linda said she could pull your order for you.

I'm looking forward to seeing what QIAD has on sale this weekend.......it is this weekend isn't it gals...

Nadine2007

Post by Nadine2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 6:01 am

Holon I do the same thing sometimes I just buy too much fabric! Oh well we just try not to do it nextime. I do agree with everyone else that you should buy a little more so you can have the free shipping. I would talk to Linda at QIAD about the order. Linda is the nicest person you will ever meet. If you have the money it's ok if not then cancel the order. Hope this helps.

Return to “Chit Chat”