Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Q_F's Block swap

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
quilt_florida

Q_F's Block swap

Post by quilt_florida » Sun May 20, 2007 10:10 am

Is there anyone who can be a stand in for QuiltinKay? She's not going to be able to finish her blocks for the swap. I'd like her to be able stay in it tho.
I'm waiting to hear from her about which blocks she has completed.

If there's a new lady here who would like to be part of the swap and can finish Kay's blocks, I'll be glad to let you in.

However, the deadline is coming up. I think the end of June.

Please let me know, either here or in a private message.

Thanks.

ps- has anyone heard from jojo?

Quiltcreator

Re: Q_F's Block swap

Post by Quiltcreator » Sun May 20, 2007 10:24 am

We need someone to help finish Kay's round robin pieces, also.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 am

Maybe everyone in the swap could make one extra block and send it in when we send our own blocks in? That way Kay wouldn't have to worry about trying to get her blocks mailed out, since this is such a bad time for her family. You could e-mail everyone in the swap and tell them which block to make?

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Sun May 20, 2007 2:15 pm

That would work for some, but not for others. I can ask. Thanks GP

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Mon May 21, 2007 4:47 am

I finally heard from jojo! I put up a new thread about it.

Her health will keep her from finishing her blocks. If she can send me her completed blocks, I can try to finish the rest for her.

I was thinking it would be nice if we could put Kay's and jojo's blocks together in a quilt for them. I can sew them together, but I can't quilt it. My free motion quilting leaves much to be desired!! Believe me!! :)

Can I get a volunteer to quilt them? Doesn't have to be earthshattering-fancy or anything. Functional, but pretty, would be good. :)

Thanks ladies.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 am

Sorry I am not able to help out with Kay's and jojo's blocks. I hope that someone will be able to pitch in their time.

I have sent my blocks on their way to you today you should get them in a few days.

Ann

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Mon May 21, 2007 5:06 am

That's okay sewsew! Looking forward to getting your blocks.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Mon May 21, 2007 5:13 am

Which block swap was this? Maybe I can help out - I'm always willing!

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Mon May 21, 2007 6:46 am

Cindy, I'm not sure you were a forum member when I started this swap. Or maybe you were too new... whatever.
I'll email you the block list and website, and you can check it out and let me know.

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Mon May 21, 2007 11:50 am

I received word today that everyone is done. True, Kay and jojo aren't, but I think we'll go ahead and swap anyway.
With some help, we'll get their blocks done after the fact. I made extras of my blocks, so I can shuffle their blocks around before I mail them.

In the meantime, you all are welcome to mail your blocks to me. I will sort them, photograph them, then mail them back out.

We're not using ziploc baggies for our blocks. If you can, put a tag on your blocks(or a little sticker on the back). This isn't a must, but just cute. Maryq got it started. :)

I've had 3 offers to help with finishing up Kay's and jojo's blocks. If I hear back from those two about which blocks they've done, then I'll know which ones to finish up, and I'll take you 3 up on your offers.

Any questions?

Return to “Chit Chat”