Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Nashville Quilt show

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
quiltfan35

Nashville Quilt show

Post by quiltfan35 » Sat May 19, 2007 12:31 pm

I'm so excited I have never been to a Quilt show how many of you have gone to one and what can I expect? I can't wait!

Evie

Re: Nashville Quilt show

Post by Evie » Sat May 19, 2007 12:49 pm

I don't know about that one, but the one they have every other year here is huge. Go when you are not in a hurry. It's fun to see all the quilts and all the new notions. Last one I went to DH couldn't help himself. He just had to buy me a circle cutter by Ofla. Haven't used it yet, can't think of a pattern to use it on. But, it's neat.

Eajosian

Post by Eajosian » Sat May 19, 2007 2:21 pm

I am going to the Nashville Quilt show also.......I am originally from Florida. Just moved to S.C. this year. When I lived in Florida my friends and I went to some. They are really alot of fun. You will see beautiful quilts. You will also meet some very nice people to share ideas with. The fabrics for sale will make your head spin. we did a few of the classes...lots of fun also...you will really enjoy it....

quilterbee

Post by quilterbee » Sat May 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Are you new to the area? This will be the 7th year at Opryland. I like this show better than Paducah! Maybe it's because I can go everyday,lol! I've already signed up for the all day longarm class on Friday. Amie

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat May 19, 2007 4:34 pm

I haven't signed up for any classes but will be there this year. I am so excited about it! Haven't been to Nashville since I was a kid. DH is as excited as I am. Hope to meet some of you there.

Quiltfan you will see awesome quilts no doubt. I am hoping there will be a lot of Vendors. Bring $$$ or plastic. And wear comfy shoes. Dress in cool clothes as it will be warm I am sure.

BarbieJean

Post by BarbieJean » Sat May 19, 2007 6:22 pm

I will also be there. This is my first time to the show in Nashville. I have been to Paducah and loved it. Didn't take classes in Paducah, but I have signed up for classes in Nashville. Also hoping to be able to meet some forum buddies there.

quiltfan35

Post by quiltfan35 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:59 am

Thanks I live near Nashville but I'm into my 2nd yr. Quilting I'm a newbee but i'm learning quikly and enjoying it I realy like buying new fabric I get a charge out of it my stash is growing and I like looking at it I know i'm weired lol I wish this had spell check.
Have a Blessed Day
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”