Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Need advice help help help

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
gardenquilter

Re: Need advice help help help

Post by gardenquilter » Mon May 21, 2007 6:31 am

this has helped me so much, I was thankful to get the information from tiggers mom but even more glad to know that we have had similar experiences

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Mon May 21, 2007 8:15 am

This thread has been a help to all of us!!

If we all follow the Quilter's Dream guidelines, all of our quilts will be great - whether they are done LA, home machine or hand quilted. Thanks for all the input!

quiltingranny

Post by quiltingranny » Mon May 21, 2007 3:57 pm

I think my little ol' lady would be very happy to know she helped so many..of course I am not going to tell her. I feel so bad for her as I started quilting her quilt, the way she had accidently cut off part of the border and the way she had to mark her quilt with dark pencil so as to know where to put her peices actually made me cry. It made me so greatful that I can put on my reading glasses and see what I am doing. Bless her heart she tries so hard, it made me re-think the way i am going to handle her quilts, I do chairity work for others that appreciate it so much less than how much she appreciates me getting her quilts done, I have decided that if she brings them full of threads, i'll cut them, it the seams are un-sewn well I'll just sew them....but just for her EVERYONE else will have to follow my guide lines. QG

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Mon May 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Granny: What a lovely thing to do for this older lady. I no doubt have done the same, even with printed instructions for quilters.

What a blessed soul you are! God Bless You!

marcia

Post by marcia » Mon May 21, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi quiltingranny, I read this yesterday and thought about it all day today. If my mom were still with me I wish she could have know someeone like you. It is so easy for us to sometimes get so wrapped up in money and time that we forget to be kind to other people. It seems we are always ready to help in emergencys, floods, or tornados and disasters we forget those close to us. Beng kind and considerate to this lady and help her is wonderful of you. I am sure you make her so happy and proud. I am not sure that I said all this correct but I hope you understand my meaning. You are awesome to help her. Marcia

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 22, 2007 3:59 am

Granny - you just made my heart fill and my eyes, too. It's a very compassionate thing you are doing for that lady. I'm so proud of you and I'm glad you are one of us! Like I said in an earlier post, I bet that quilting is that lady's whole life and it gives her purpose.

quiltingranny

Post by quiltingranny » Tue May 22, 2007 6:10 am

Thanks everyone, As you are all quilters i am sure you would do the same. Yes i think quilting does give her a purpose and i feel very good about doing this little thing for her. Some day when she is gone I will probably miss her more than any other customer. but will not have any regrets. Life is too short to quibble over a few bucks. God Bless all QG

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 am

Compassion is so rare these days - except here in this forum!

With the prayer quilts and the helping-old-ladies-out quilts and stockings for troops in Iraq, etc., etc., etc., and all those unmentioned projects, with all these - quilters HAVE compassion!

Love you all!

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Tue May 22, 2007 6:31 am

Quiltgranny,
I feel honored to know you. What you are doing such a kind thing for your customer. I am sure she will never know what you are going through for her but she will be able to continue the love of quilting. You are truly an angle for her.
Linda

Quiltcreator

Post by Quiltcreator » Tue May 22, 2007 7:05 am

You are a great lady, Granny!

Return to “Chit Chat”