Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Your Prayers

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Pilot2b

Your Prayers

Post by Pilot2b » Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Just wanted to tell yu all that I had an absolutely glorious Tuesday. Don't know how to put it any other way. I had not felt this alive and good any many, many years. Know it was your prayers! I am making an effort to monitor my Ritlan and take it!!! So Tues. I woke up before dawn and took 20mg and then took another at 9 AM or so. Stayed in bed until 10AM and then boy, I was like a new person!

I can take 20 mg 3x/, now I am trying to do the same as Tues. I hate taking meds. But have now realized I Defeat my purpose of living an active life. So now I take 20mg when I wake up w/food, go back to bed, take another one 3 hours later or so and I am good for the day. Therefore I am not taking 60mg/ day, just 40mg. Hey if this works for me, I am going to do it this way! Have to be careful and take it with food.

Know it was your prayers and I love you all for remembering me. I felt like I was reborn. It has all given me a boost and I know I am going to make it now. Wasn't that I ever thought I would not, but had my doubts at times. Once you have a boost like this from the Lord, you never want it to leave you. I was so at peace. Yesterday and today. I was tired, but know I did too much Tuesday. Then this is allergy season, and today I felt like I had the flu, no doubt only allergies.

Love and Hugs to you all!!!!!

Have a great weekend and send your prayers to the NG troops preparing to go to War. If you have time, let one of them float into my bedroom window. :) I will do the same for all of you sweet people.

Helen, Amalie and Fiona

Georgiapeach

Re: Your Prayers

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri May 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Pilot, I'm so glad to hear you've been doing better! You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you continue to rally and feel better! Have you ever tried English paper piecing? I tried it and just love it...so much fun and it's real portable, too. I've started a wall-hanging using that method, the Tumbling blocks pattern made with 3" diamond shaped papers. I was thinking if you haven't tried this that you might enjoy it. Take care of yourself and I'm so happy to hear you're doing better!!!! I had a long day, going to hit the sack now and sleep in late because tomorrow is Saturday...yippee!!!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Fri May 18, 2007 6:18 pm

I am so happy that you are feeling better, what a blessing to have meds work and give you some relief. Hope your weekend is restful and that you enjoy every minute of it.

Happy stitching!!
Debi

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Fri May 18, 2007 6:48 pm

Pilot2b,
I am so glad that the medicine is working for you. What is even greater you are able to take a little less. I will continue to pray for you.
Linda

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri May 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Dear Helen,
I am so happy that you sre feeling better and that you had such a great Tuesday & rest of the week. You know your limits better than anyone. Just be careful about over doing. Happy that you are able to decrease the dosage on your meds. I'm like you---I don't like taking them but some are necessary. Allergies getting to you too? We are sneezing and itching something awful here due to allergies. Babysat 2 of my grandsons this evening and we dug for worms & roly poly's and I am really itching like mad. The mold ct. was very high today as well as the grass ct from the pollen chart. Didn't dare take any benedryl or I would not have been able to keep up with the little rascals. LOL Know that you are in my thoughts & prayers. Good hearing that you've felt so great!!!!!!!

God Bless You,
Cathy

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat May 19, 2007 1:14 am

God Bless you pilot2b....

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Sat May 19, 2007 1:44 am

Helen, I'm so happy that you were able to figure out what it was that made you feel so good! A lot of times, figuring out what you did right is mindboggling!

I will continue to pray for our troops and for you!

Happy Quilting!

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Sat May 19, 2007 2:36 am

How wonderful that you feel better. It is marvelous when we figure out this type of a routine and then it really works. Be consistent and keep it up. We are all glad for you. Happy sewing!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat May 19, 2007 7:20 am

I am glad to hear how well you are feeling. I know what you mean about not liking to take meds but sometimes it is absolutely necessary. I have clinical depression and need to take meds everyday, low dose, but never the less I have to take it daily. With my current health issues it is even more important that I keep up with my meds because when your health is at issue it can make you feel very depressed.

Glad that you have been able to reduce the amount but please remember that sometimes it is for the best and having to medicate yourself is better than the alternative. I pray that you find peace with your decision to continue your medication and that it continues to help your out look on life.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat May 19, 2007 9:50 am

I'm glad to hear you are feeling well, I pray the good days keep coming

Return to “Chit Chat”