Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Are you new to the Forum?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
maryq

Re: Are you new to the Forum?

Post by maryq » Tue May 22, 2007 3:28 am

So, I'm just a little late in welcoming all the new gals!

OMG... y'all have joined the best internet quilting forum EVER! I have had so very much fun here and have learn so much! I'm new to quilting myself, just kind of got into it just before last Christmas. I can't say which I am more addicted to--sewing or keeping in touch on the forum. This would explain why my house looks like it does--AARRRGGHH!!

I am Mary in Minnesota and Quilts2be lives only a short distance from me. One of these days I gotta go check out her LA machine! If I ever finish a quilt... I'm taking it to her!

I'm a single mom of 3 grown kids and 2 grandchildren. My youngest son is getting married in 3 weeks and I'm going to have to get butt in gear and clean up my messes before I have rehearsal dinner here at my house! And I am so praying for nice weather that day because I have NO idea where I am going to put 30 people in my little house!

Again, welcome!

Maryq

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 22, 2007 4:34 am

I also want to add a warm welcome to all who have joined.

I'm Cindy and I live in Lanesboro, Iowa - that's west central Iowa, about 1 hour west of Ames.

I've been quilting forever - I made my first quilt at about age 19 and tied it on my Grammie's frame. It was the only quilt I did on that frame, so even though it will win an "ugly quilt" contest hands down, I've kept it.

I don't have a longarm machine, but do machine quilting free hand on my sewing machine - I love doing it!

I've been sewing ever since I was old enough to sit at my Mom's Singer sewing machine and make Barbie doll clothes.

I also enjoy cross-stitch (hard to do with a wrist that's been sprained pretty badly a couple of times), travelling, and riding around the Iowa country-side on scooters with DH.

I have one 16 year old daughter who lives in Vermont with DEX, and I was born and raised in Vermont.

DH is a Vietnam veteran who is retired due to disabilities, and so I like spending time with him when I'm not working, so this forum is a great way for me to connect with other people with similar interests (and sense of humor!)

lv2create

Post by lv2create » Tue May 22, 2007 5:04 am

I also would like to welcome you to the forum. I am also pretty new but have found everyone on this forum very helpful and so friendly. I have learned so much reading the posts and each time I've posted or asked a question have gotten wonderful and possitive responses. I haven't gotten into a swap yet I'm still trying to figure it all out but hope to very soon. I am going to start the Egg Money Quilt on June 1 with others on the forum.

I am Nancy S and live in the Lansing Michigan area Eaton Rapids to be exact. I'm kind of new to quilting only been at it for about 2 years and love it I'm hooked. Live with my DH of soon to be 25 years my DD 19 and DS 13 also my three dogs, 2 tortoises, 2 lovebirds, a ginny pig and a cat. I quilt with my best friend my sister every Tuesday night at our favorite LQS in Holt MI. I also have a sewing machine and LQS at my favorite place on earth my Cottage on the Muskegon River. I don't have a LM but have a jar started to save for one (I just hope I can stand by the time I've saved enough.

So a very big welcome to you.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 am

Cozyquilt and ip - welcome. Please do join our autograph quilt. The blocks are very easy to put together and Georgiapeach has some kind of surprise at the end. It's probably a white block with a big peach on it - LOL. The last time I looked there was only 4 spots left so if you want in go to the thread about autograph quilts. It would be great to have you.

Tiggersmom

Post by Tiggersmom » Tue May 22, 2007 9:30 am

Welcome to you new gals.

I just saw a post this a.m. on another thread from """wiggybutt""" LOL

Lets wish her a hello too and see if we can't get her into the block swap that Georgiapeach has started that shes not sure if'n we need 38 participants with the 30's fabric..........

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Tue May 22, 2007 9:56 am

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great place to learn, laugh and get acquainted with others of quilting and sewing interests. I have learned alot, and have been in some great swaps. The quilters here have been very helpful to give advice and sharing. I really enjoyed the making of squares for the Kansas quilts. Welcome and keep posting.

Return to “Chit Chat”