Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Are you new to the Forum?

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
QIAD-Linda

Are you new to the Forum?

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun May 06, 2007 4:30 am

Dear Friends,
Welcome to all new Forum Members! We are a fun loving and helpful group. We laugh together and cry together but best of all, we share quilting as a passion. We really want to learn more about you. Please tell us something about yourself and join in on all discussions that interest you.

Glad you joined us, now lets get acquainted!

Linda

calicopuzzle

Re: Are you new to the Forum?

Post by calicopuzzle » Sun May 06, 2007 5:49 am

I am in my mid-60's and my husband and I retired to WI in l998. I live and love quilting and enjoy quilting friends. I have 10 grandchildren that have each gotten 2 baby quilts in their short lives, and I am just finishing two twin-size quilts to be given to my last two granchildren. I have a love for sewing, so I started sewing way back when I used to make my 4 sons their school clothes. Now my love of quilting is making anything that has batting in between layers of fabric. I learned to use a computer a few years back when my husband insisted I learn, but I refused unless I could use it for quilting. Look at me now...Quilting Community website, Eleanor's Q in a D, and EQ5 and 6. I love it! I meet with several friends from the community once a week at a community center where we bring something to work on and visit about quilting techniques and tips. In the summer our group grows with many visitiors to the area as we live in a tourist area way up by Lake Superior.

snooks57

Post by snooks57 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:53 am

Hi there Calico puzzle!
Jane in Indiana

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun May 06, 2007 6:02 am

Calico, so glad you joined us! I got a chuckle about how you got started with computers because that's what prompted me to learn anything at all about the internet, too!.....as soon as I found out I could use it for quilting and my other hobbies, then I was willing to learn! LOL! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun May 06, 2007 6:05 am

Welcome, Snooks! I didn't see your post until after I'd hit "send comment". Tell us a little about yourself, what type of quilting you enjoy most, how long you've been quilting, what you're currently working on, etc... Looking forward to hearing more from you!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 06, 2007 8:03 am

Welcome to the group Calicopuzzle. Enjoy the chatter and friendship. The women in here are a kick. Oh and very helpful too. Everyone has great ideas about different things.
Lori 8-)

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun May 06, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Calicopuzzle and welcome to the Forum. We are a lively bunch in here and love new members. Hope you become an active poster and join in on the discussions!

Linda

quiltfan35

Post by quiltfan35 » Sun May 06, 2007 11:13 am

Hi i'm farly new and love QIAD i'm 35 I have three children daugter 17{who is going to be my sewing buddie she justdoen't know it yet}lol then two boys 10 and 9 my 9 year old has Autisum and is a blessing he has tought us alot. and I'm a stay at home mom its a job I love but I do miss out on other people it can get kinda lonley but now I have all of you to talk to and you all love quilting as much as I do so I don't feel so lonley any more DH is great to talk to but he just dosen't understand why I need a Baby Loc he will come around I hope lol Tina

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun May 06, 2007 11:25 am

Welcome Quiltfan! Many of us on here work and have "full plates" in our lives, so the forum is a great way to connect with others who share the same interests, etc... You can come here anytime of the day or night and find someone to chat with or just read posts for quilting ideas or find solutions to quilting problems you're having. The ladies here are so wonderful to share their quilting expertise, and lots of fun, too. So glad you've joined in with us and we look forward to hearing a lot more from you in the future!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Sun May 06, 2007 11:29 am

Hi Quiltfan! Welcome to a lot of new friends! We are really glad you are here. Please be an active poster to the discussions, we love hearing from everyone.

Your son with autisum really struck a cord with me. My only grandson has Wolfe Hirshorn Syndrome. At 4 he cannot do much for himself. He did just learn how to hold his own bottle! He has changed the way my son and DIL think about things and he truly is a blessing to all of us.

Welcome and please chat with us!

Linda

Return to “Chit Chat”