Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Machine Damage

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
stormy

Machine Damage

Post by stormy » Fri May 04, 2007 7:50 am

Has anyone experienced damage to their sewing machine from using invisible thread?

seaborne

Re: Machine Damage

Post by seaborne » Fri May 04, 2007 8:12 am

No - depends I'm sure on what kind you're using - some ladies use it more often than I did - but I had no trouble. I have a Kenmore computerized machine - fairly new.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Fri May 04, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Stormy,
We use a lot of invisible thread here at QIAD and have not had problems with it. I think you should talk to your sewing machine dealer about the problems you are having. Hopefully they can help.

Welcome to the Forum, we are glad you are here and look forward to hearing more from you.

Linda

lhostelley

Post by lhostelley » Fri May 04, 2007 9:52 am

The only problem I have had is the thread can eat a sharp grove in the needle. I just make sure I change it often and it works great.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Fri May 04, 2007 9:54 am

in the beginning I had a couple of problems but they were me not the thread, I just have to remeber not to wind my bobbin to the fullest as I have plastic bobbins and they can break, also if there is any type of small scratch in the throat plate it seems to notice more

stormy

Post by stormy » Sat May 05, 2007 3:41 am

The repair person (?) at the Viking dealer said I was ruining my machine by using invisible thread. My concern is that the instruction manual for my 4 year old Quilt Designer gives illustrations using invisible. Confusing??
I sent a note to Husqvarna asking for clarification and, of course, received no reply.

Return to “Chit Chat”