Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

As a child, I dreamed of being . . . . when I grew up!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
quiltfan35

Re: As a child, I dreamed of being . . . . when I grew up!

Post by quiltfan35 » Wed May 02, 2007 8:39 am

when I was growing up I wanted to be a fashion desiner and live in NY with my cat cocoa I would draw dresses and then make Barbie cloths by hand, that was the dream now I'm a wife, mother, and housekeeper also a animal keeper as I take care of all the pets but I wouldn't change my life I have a Great Husband and loving children{ya they work the last nerve but there kids that's what they are saposed to do right?}

dragonfly917

Post by dragonfly917 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:59 am

I think I always wanted to be a marketer but of course, I didn't know such a career existed. When the kids in the neighborhood had a lemonade stand, I was the one working on the posters and flyers and 2 for 1 specials!

Of course, I had the childhood fantasies of being a stewardess, cowgirl, ballerina, etc. But I don't really recall ever wanting to be a teacher like my mom or a nurse like my grandmother.

In college, I started out as an accounting major because I was good with numbers...but was bored stiff. I took a marketing class as an elective and was hooked!

The good thing about marketing is you can apply it many ways. I worked for an executive recruiter, CPA firm, and then in credit unions and a bank.

Now I own my own company and have switched my marketing skills to internet marketing which is a very exciting field.

Who knows what the future will bring when I actually do grow up?!?! But I know marketing will play a part...it's in my blood!

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 am

I wanted to be a Librarian...And I have to tell this story about my Dad and His sisters..when Dad was little him and 2 of his sisters where playing hospital..He said the older sister told the younger sister to lay down and she had to do surgery!!!well, she did and dad thought she was just Kidden...NOT..the older sister got a knife and cut the little sisters Leg!! Dad grabbed the knife and said ARE you CRAZY? She said No..I am a DR..HeHe..Grandpa wore her Out...and the little sister got bandaged..she had a cut, but grandma Doctored Her...i thought of this when i read GP story.

nur5e

Post by nur5e » Wed May 02, 2007 10:40 am

I've "known' forever that i wanted to be a nurse. I had my tonsils out the summer that i turned 9. As the anaesthesiologist was placing the old time ether mask over my face, he asked my what i wanted to be when i grew up.....i very promptly told him 'a nurse'. When he asked why, i said because 'i'm supposed to help people' and I've been doing that ever since!!!

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Wed May 02, 2007 12:05 pm

First I wanted to be a go go dancer, that song these boots were made for walking was very popular and since they were gogo boots and when we went down town there were signs that said go go dancers I figured I could grow up and wear boots, my parents set me straigt about go go girls not being nice girls. I pouted for awhile and then decided I would be a forest ranger so I could live in the woods and have bears for neighbors and not worry about people. I persisted until college and had trouble with the chemistry and found out starting pay was less than 6k a year still a small penance for the 70's, mom said I evidently wasn't as dedicated as I thought

Return to “Chit Chat”