Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

To All the New People on the Board

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
CindyB

Re: To All the New People on the Board

Post by CindyB » Tue May 01, 2007 1:31 pm

Princessinpea- I think it's so that they can confirm you are "real" and that you are not a person trying to obtain email addresses to send spam TO.

I have not had any increase in spam since I started here, and I think they are talking about the private messages that you can send back and forth (by clicking on the envelope under the user name) instead of going to any outside email. You have this private little mail system within the QIAD Message Board. When you click on "Community" to come to the message board, you are directed to the main page with the four categories of postings, above that and below where it says "Welcome Princessinpea" is a place that will tell you if you have any private messages. You click on there, and it's an inbox similar to Yahoo.

Is that clear as mud?

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 01, 2007 1:32 pm

Oh, if you click on "My Profile" in the top right hand corner, you should be able to change your email, I believe.

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Just checked, yep, you can change your email address - I don't show mine to everyone, I will send a private message to someone if I want them to have my email.

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue May 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Welcome to all you new gals!
You will have a great time with the rest of these gals. Someday you'll be reading a post--Usually by GeorgiaPeach and you'll break out laughing! Any body else in the room at the time will wonder what the heck you are doing. I've laughed so hard, I'm almost peed my pants!

BUT when you need a friend, a shoulder to cry on, or just somebody to rant to .... this is the place for that too. Lord knows I've done my share of ranting.... and crying! These are the best friends you'll ever meet, whether you ever meet them in person or not. We laugh together, cry together, quilt together and pray together when it's needed.

AND, we are making a QIAD Cookbook!!! Some of us love to cook while others (like me!) HATE to cook, but we're sharing recipes and I'm typing them up and we're going to make copies so everyone that wants one can have one. It's quite a project but I for one am having a great time with it! If you are interested in sharing a recipe, private message me by clicking the little envelope under my name and I'll get back to you with details!

In the meantime.. ENJOY

Maryq

quilt_florida

Post by quilt_florida » Tue May 01, 2007 1:41 pm

Welcome all!! Glad to see someone has taken the role of welcoming new people. I used to do it (along with GP), but now that I'm in school, I'm lucky to be able to turn my computer on every other day!

This is a great forum. Lots of laughs and info shared. Have fun. Don't be shy. Ask questions. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask!!!

Pilot2b

Post by Pilot2b » Tue May 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Welcome Ladies and gents, crossed mosquitos and bowlegged ants. I don't remember the rest of it....probably just as well. Anyway you will find none finer on this site.

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue May 01, 2007 8:06 pm

I am so excited to welcome new people to this forum! You will find some of the finest, most loving, and fun people here. I hope you will jump right in and be a active part of this forum! We want you here and are very glad you are joiing us!

Linda

Return to “Chit Chat”