Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

A much needed break

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
IowaGal

A much needed break

Post by IowaGal » Tue May 01, 2007 1:02 am

Things have been insane at my house and this weekend my girlfriends and I are headed to Des Moines for our annual girls weekend. We use the Iowa women's state bowling tournament as our reason, and each year it is held in a different city in Iowa. I rarely cash, but no matter. We eat, shop, and go dancing, amongst our bowling times. Tomorrow three of us are going to get pedicures, manicures, etc. I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to getting the heck outta Dodge!

Georgiapeach

Re: A much needed break

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue May 01, 2007 2:04 am

IowaGal, you go girl! Yes, getting the heck outta Dodge is sometimes a very good thing! Hope you have a great time with the girls, and please try to get into at least a little bit of trouble....it makes for an interesting scrapbook to show the grandkids! LOL!

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Tue May 01, 2007 2:18 am

IowaGal - are you talking about Ft. Dodge - LOL!!! Have a great time in Des Moines - I know the feeling. I have an appointment there May 31st and can't wait to SHOP!!!

astitchintime

Post by astitchintime » Tue May 01, 2007 3:12 am

IowaGal ~ have a great time, please try to get into alittle trouble, we can't let GP be the only one with a big scrapbook!!! LOL Enjoy your girls weekend.
Happy stitching!! (and bowling)
Debi

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 01, 2007 3:31 am

Sounds like our girls trip to shop in Canton, TX First Monday. We have SO much fun. I hope your stomach muscles are sore when you get back from laughing so much!!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue May 01, 2007 3:48 am

I am off to QIAD's quilt camp next week...thank the dear Lord! I need this break BADLY and am beginning to get all excited...like a kid anticipating Christmas morning!

Carole

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 am

IowaGal,
Have a great time! I pray for a perfect game the big "300" for you so you can win enough $$$$ to buy extra fabric! Have a great time.

Linda

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Tue May 01, 2007 5:23 am

Carolej,
Are you coming in to QIAD San Marcos on your way to Julian? If so, tell the girls in the store to call me so I can come over and meet you. Have a great time at Camp Cedar Glen!

Linda

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue May 01, 2007 5:35 am

Stitch, you're right, my scrapbooks are going to be mighty entertaining for the grandmonkey (s) ! Carole, that is wonderful about your getting to go to QIAD camp! Too cool for words! When you come back I want details, since I'm living vicariously thru you on this one! Have a great time, girls! Oh shoot, I've got so much to get done today and I'd rather chat with ya'll...but there's a stack of paperwork on my desk that's threatening to bury me alive, so I better get my tail-feathers back to work! Toodles.......

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue May 01, 2007 7:42 am

CaroleJ - I'm so jealous I could just spit!! You are so lucky! Have a great time and when you get back we want details, woman, details!!!

Return to “Chit Chat”