Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Funny QIAD T-shirt story!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
Cathy32078

Re: Funny QIAD T-shirt story!

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:59 am

LOL Holon that was priceless!! How funny! Guess ya never know what a tee shirt may get us into. ROFL

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:08 am

Gooseegg bet you were wishing that the floor would open up and just swallow you. LOL

dragonfly917

Post by dragonfly917 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:11 am

Holon and Gooseegg...the same thing happens to my daughter with the ones! She's a waitress and is diligent about depositing her tips into her checking account so she knows what she spends them on.

One day the new male teller asked her if she was a dancer! It didn't help that she's very pretty and wears a 34DD bra! She said she wanted to smack him. I still tease her about it!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:25 am

Gooseegg - you don't have to be graceful. You just have to know how to work that pole!!! LOL LOL

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:44 am

That is funny.

Atitchintime, I know what you mean. Don't drink and read!
Lori 8-)

TheKid

Post by TheKid » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:58 am

CindyB-I love your story on the campground and the hook up.Ha ROF
Well, we had this happen to me. We were at Taco Bell. It was quite warm, so I took my jacket off. Forgot I had on a QIAD tee shirt. On the back it has a picture of Eleanor doing her dance with a strip of fabric, saying "Eleanor made a stripper out of me."
Well, some church people and other known people were in the Taco bell eating also. When I came back to my seat,the church people said to us,"Well, I guess there is another side of you that you have never told us about.Hmmmmm." I tried to explain to them who Eleanor Burns was, and of course they didn't believe a word I said. I am going to wear that t-shirt to church some Sunday morning and this time---not say a thing. How much fun is that? Some people really do get their underwear in a bunch. LOL

CindyB

Post by CindyB » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:01 am

LOL @ TheKid - let me know when you are doing it, and I'll wear my "hook up" t-shirt to our church!

QIAD-Linda

Post by QIAD-Linda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:03 am

Last year in Paducah the Elna representative that sets up sewing machines for Eleanor's sewing school gave all of us denim button up shirts. The shirts were beautifully embroidered with "Eleanor and Quilt in a Day loves stripping." After returning from Paducah I wore the shirt to work one day. After work I had to stop at the grocery store. The guy checking me out said "Oh, I just have to ask . . .
I had forgotten about the shirt and didn't know what he was talking about. When it dawned on me I turned every shade of red! I am very careful now where I wear my stripper shirts!

Return to “Chit Chat”