Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:11 am

Good morning,

Our temps have dropped and it looks pretty wet outside, though not actively raining now. Hope it stays that way at least through my daily walk.

Yesterday was chiro, laundry, and sewing. When I sew I listen to an audio book and go at a slow and easy pace. A good day despite starting it at 1:00am. But come evening, I crashed in my recliner. At least I slept well last night! Today will be odds and ends of chores, picking up messes, etc, sewing, then spending part of the afternoon with Susie and Doyle. We have a date to play cards with them at Susie's rehab facility.

LORI - I had to Google Avgolemono soup. I've never heard of it before. Sounds like it's just lemon chicken rice soup? It did sound delicious! I just might have to give that one a go.

TINA - QAL - Quilt Along was all I could think of so I guess that works for an abbreviation! Do the boys play on the same team? A picnic supper at the game. Sounds like fun! It must be getting warm down there in Demingland! How is Dad doing?

BECCA - you are busy getting ready for your visit to Denise. Is the community garden on the grounds of your facility? or part of the community itself? What are you going to plant? I love homemade applesauce. I often make it - or baked apples - when I serve a pork dinner.

Supper tonite will probably be homemade pizza. I'll use alfredo sauce, diced leftover chicken and veggies from two nights ago, and top with cheese. I'll make the pizza and chill it until we get home from Susie visit. It will be ready to pop into the oven then.

What's your supper plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 21

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:13 pm

Hello everyone sunny here in hi 60s took my walk What a day I dressed bed did laundry then went to Bank Posr office and 2 stores Found cute book for Lincoln
Got everything now just as it should be for the children to make it as easy as possible
Then did lunch Took shower did my hair Now sit down to look at game some
Maryz Yes I got packed today &!tied up all loose ends Frankie is now turning around when she walks so that’s another step
The garden here has plots that are 101/2 by 101/2 ft I will only use half Maybe tomato & cubes and peppers if room
I also volunteered to help at Church with it too
Carol I meant to tell you I won’t give my SS to anybody & certainly not my DHs I always say I won’t give it out & they never ask again All they want it for us to find everything about you Just say no
Tina Hope the game was good And Dad gets stronger soon It’s not fun to have your usual energy level
I choose grilled chicken carrot ginger soup
And baked potatoe
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 21

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:52 pm

Hi everyone!
The game was great last night! Easton pitched first and he pitched 11 I think and that was the end of the first inning, 3 outs right in a row with only 2 ball calls. He did that the whole game pretty much, I think they scored 4 while he was pitching and then Preston got to pitch the last inning and he did really good! They both got to make points batting and running but Easton had all the bases loaded and hit one almost to the fence, a grand slam! I kept telling Frankie with the way he stands and the power of his swing, if he connects it's gonna be long gone hit and it was! Their team won! Their team is the Blue Jay's and yes they're on the same team. They are really fun to watch, they light up like a light bulb when they score. It ended up being windy and cold but we'll take more to cover up with tomorrow and I'll just keep it in the car for when I need it.
We've been having such nice weather that we didn't take enough to cover up with.
I'm glad you slept good last night Mary. Dad says he's about the same, feeling awful.
Becca, paperwork is always a relief to finish, feels like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.
Same old stuff here just different day.
I laid some little steaks out for supper and I'm making zucchini in the air fryer.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”