Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 20

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:39 am

Good morning,

My brother, Gene, turns 89 today. He's still trucking in Alaska, sharper than most young people I know, and has a girlfriend, a young lady of 77~ish. He's lost 3 children and his wife of 60+ years. He's been stuck in the Alaskan wilderness with a broke down truck more than a few times over the years and he's survived it all. Our parents would be so proud of him.

Almost every day of the past four weeks has been jam packed with errands, dates, appointments, lunches, dinners, happy hours, and other events. And there's no let up in sight until next week. I feel like I've hardly been home. On the plus side, it's all been good stuff. I'd just like one day to stay home all day long. And that's not going to be today. Chiropractor at 9am but after that - the day will be mine. In odd hours here and there I have gotten some yard work done this week, plus 7 whole blocks of my S.Cat Christmas. Today will be much cooler with possible rain so I will probably be inside doing some uglies after my appt. and then maybe get to sew this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

CAROL - happy engagement anniversary! I was thinking yesterday about St. Joseph's Feast Day and the swallows at Capistrano. I've been to Capistrano, attended Mass at the mission, and watched the swallows (though not on Mar 19). Beautiful place to get engaged! Were you surprised when he proposed? Congratulations on your ribbon. Tell us which one when you know! I won't give medical offices my SS#. Maybe the last four digits but that's all. And so far every one of them has said, "OK". I'm wondering why your dr is asking not just for yours but for your DH's, too.

BECCA - I'm glad your BP is leveling off and behaving. Does your potassium tend to run low? Bill's was almost dangerously high last year and he had to really alter his diet which brought it back into line after about 4 months.

TINA - sorry to hear Dad has Covid. Thank goodness he's been vaccinated. I hear there is one more booster (since Oct!) that is being recommended for elderly and those who have health conditions. I believe he qualifies. We'll be looking into that soon. What is QAL?

I'll have to run my supper idea past the HOH for menu approval but I'm thinking hamburgers and a green salad.

What are you thinking?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 20

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am

Mary, Happy birthday to Gene. Hope you get a "do nothing" day soon.

Tina, bummer you're Dad is sick.

Carol, congratulations on your win. I've never been to see the swallows return, but I have been there.

It's been a wonderful time at retreat. We've been sewing, walking on the the beach, eating. We were in charge of dinner last night. My friend brought Avgolemono soup and I did dessert. It was quite yummy.

It's a little foggy this morning, so my morning walk will be later.

Not sure what's for dinner.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:06 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, happy birthday to your DB!🎉🥳🎂
QAL.....Quilt Along? I thought that was how to abbreviate it...
You've been super busy as usual, that must be why you get cool weather.... So you can stay in 😉
Lori, your retreat sounds great, enjoy! I looked up that soup, it sounds delicious! I may have to try to make it one day.
Not much different happening around here. We are going to Easton and Preston's Little League game tonight so that should be fun.
I'm going to make burritos and take them with us for supper tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Hello everyone sunny here at 61 I just completed my walk Went to aerobics this morning Came back& made a big pot of apple sauce to take tonight for grands They love it Then made a pan of sautéed chicken breast Had some for lunch & will finish off rest tomorrow Trying to get everything in place to go visit Denise Will do laundry and pack tomorrow
I just called the lady here in charge of community Garden I’m getting a plot for veggies
Carol Your soup always sounds great One of my favorites
Happy Engagement Anniversary to you and yours
Tina Enjoy that ball game what fun We used to do that Now I go with my grands family
Do hope your Dad gets well soon
Maryz Do hope you get a restful day You need to catch your breath every once in a while
When I was in Hospital in 2920 is the only other time it’s been low ever other than now

Happy Birthday to your DB He must be in good health
It is family night so it’s a surprise I love it
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”