Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 18th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:18 am

Good morning!

What wonderful weather we've had over the weekend - low to mid 70's. I spent a good 3 hours in the yard and my back and hip feel better than when I started! Even this morning - no soreness. Guess I better do some more yardwork today! We ended our work session sitting around our first fire of the season. Sent photos to my jealous brother who sent back a photo of his campfire pit covered in a foot of snow. I reminded him that we'd seen his pictures last year of a shoveled path and a blazing fire. He said now he felt challenged to do it. :D I am an evil little sister. He will be 89 on Wednesday. He's a tough old geezer.

In the morning I got a little more cutting done on my Cat Christmas. Then Drew came and took us to lunch for my birthday. He told us he passed security clearance and if he passes his physical next month he will go back to work in the Naval Shipyard. And he's thrilled about that! And he said he might go back to school to finish his degree, too, which thrills me! He wasnt to advance in his job and to do that, he needs the degree. So yesterday was a great day!

Today will be sewing and laundry this morning, back out to the yard in the afternoon, and grilling on the deck in the evening. Life is good.

LORI - your retreat sounds so blissful! What town will you be in? I can only imagine getting your house ready to leave, your dad and his house and arranging for folks to check in on him, and then getting your sewing projects for a full week organized must be daunting. You are going to need this retreat! Your heritage is very similar to mine - on my mom's side. But on my dad's I have a lot of German, English, Bohemian, and even a bit of Jewish. Our dog has purer blood than I do! lol!

BECCA - sorry you have to eat seafood. and yes, some of it (like salmon & halibut) is a good source of protein and other nutrients. But some (tilapia comes to mind), not so much. Thank you for the kind words on my farm quilt.

CAROL - well, in a roundabout way, you got to have a nice romantic candlight dinner last night! Silver lining! I would think dehydration would be a significant factor to your DH's low BP. Bill should take his BP more often but he doesn't. I didn't see him drink any water yesterday either and we were working hard in the yard. (I drank a glass of water and a cup of tea).

TINA - If Frankie is sleeping so much, perhaps there is some other thing going on? But more likely he's in a vicious circle - no sleep at night so naps in the day so no sleep at night . . . . . You need to expand his honey-do list to keep him awake! I think I got a good haircut if ho-hum. But she cut it just like I asked, layered all over. And I'm hoping in time it will grow out into a tumble of curls. It was more in a wedge before. Right now it's about earlobe length. It really doesn't matter much, I guess. I can hardly see it at all unless I pass by a mirror.

Tonite I think we'll grill some chicken. And we'll have rice and salad and brussels sprouts. We still have some of them, They keep a long time.

What's cookin' at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 18th

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:23 am

Hello everyone a cloudy day but mild temps I called Dr but haven’t heard back I asked for prescription strength potassium That’s what got my BP right before
It’s frustrating
Lori I too thought that was a lot to get done for you to be able to go Enjoy yourself
Maryz Yes it’s not fun eating banned food but I’m trying It was the best last night I have ever had here
That’s a lot of yard work at one time I don’t know why most men won’t drink water as they should I would tell CA i didn’t know how his kidneys worked He drank so little
I’m sure your hair looks good and is easy to care for That’s important
I’m happy for your grandson Hope he can get his degree
Tina Sure hope you can get Frankie’s sleep schedule fixed
Carol Dehydration isn’t to be sneezed at It’s important to drink enough fluids
I’m being quiet again I didn’t go to aerobic Exercise
I choose pancakes tonight which I know is all carbs but I love them and Bacon and applesauce
Becca
I will eat a healthy lunch

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 18th

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Good Afternoon,
I made Garden Vegetable Soup for dinner tonight. We had Farro and Broccoli last night.

Maryz - If DH tells me he is going for a nap I usually remind him to drink a glass of water first. It keeps his naps shorter. LOL I am now pouring him a glass of water and setting it on the table before we sit down to a meal. He will drink it if I get it for him.

Becca - I hope the doctor is able to give you the potassium pills.

All is good here. I have been doing a little sewing and cleaning.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”