Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:21 am

Good morning.

It's going to be a lovely day today. 71*! I plan to do laundry, get label on Amara's quilt, and work outside this afternoon. I also have a hair appt at 11 and I need to go buy a birthday present for a friend. It will be a hopping day - where I hop from one thing to another. I hope we end the afternoon with an outdoor fire for happy hour. We have a lot of limbs that fell around our firepit. Handy firewood!

Lunch with Cousin Mary was nice as it always is. Then I ran a short errand and came home to sit with Bill and make some plans for our Alaska trip. We had to let Gene know when we'd be there so he can schedule time off trucking. (he will be 89 Wednesday!) And some excursions (if we decide to do them) have to be booked months in advance so we're not to too early on this. Especially since we have to confer with Al & Tina. And right now Tina is home in CO and Al is visiting his son in KY. It's a cat-herding situation.

Yesterday Amara received her book we made for her (with Shutterfly's assistance) with pictures of our time there, plus a little writing in it. Daddy said she loved it! Our own copies won't arrive until next week. What a great idea this was! We are definitely going to be doing this again.

BECCA - were you on your excursion with family or did you go with a group from your facility? Glad the weather cleared up. And that they had a Plan B when the weather turned ugly!

CAROL - I was going to suggest that your thread might be old, but I'm sure thread doesn't hang around your house long enough to get that old! Once I was having a problem like that there was a burr on my bobbin case. I carry a maintainence agreement on my machines so I have my main machine in usually every four months. My travel machine goes in only about once a year.

I haven't thought much about supper tonite. Maybe we'll grill burgers since it's going to be such a nice day. And fries in the air fryer. Maybe beans. Maybe salad. I think we'll pull the cushions for the deck furniture out of storage and eat outside. Or maybe I'm dreaming that it's warmer than it really is. Anyway, I'm thinking hamburgers.

What's the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 16th

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:09 am

Hello everyone sunny at 66 with 71 for hi
A great day to be outside
Maryz This group here would never go to a Children’s Museum It was hands on They could not get around with all the children and the noise Of course it doesn’t matter to me I love Children It was CAs family outing He has ab9 yr old DD & 2 boys 7 mos & 2 yrs
We made a fun time of it
I had an issue with BP this morning and had to be quiet I’m doing my walk now it’s so pretty
I choose brusettia banned food roasted asparagus and fruit
Becca
I’m having to eat banned food for my health

Return to “Chit Chat”