Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 15

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 15

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 am

Good late morning,

It's been a busy week. Happy to power down a little today though I do have a lunch date with my cousin. Wed was all shopping and Thurs was all cooking and company. I even overslept this morning, something I haven't done in years. Today I am going to put a label on Amara's Fab Farm quilt and get that package ready to mail. Then do some cutting for Scaredy Cat Christmas, do a load of wash, and enjoy time with Cousin Mary. (We are both Marys).

LORI - glad you got the pattern! It was meant for you and me both! I've sorted out a few things, too, mostly my quilt room closet. It feels good.

BECCA - I'm wondering what Aussie Chicken is? And it's nice to have a few extra meals in the fridge or freezer for those busy days!

CAROL - I'm so glad you are enjoying your quilt. I made a quilt once, years ago, for my oldest grandson, Drew. I hated that quilt almost from the start. Maybe it was all the HST's. I made sawtooth log cabin blocks. It was a LOT of HST's. As for most patterns, it's choosing the colors and fabrics that I really enjoy, too.

Well, we have a lot of leftovers from our chicken cacciatore last night. It was delicious if I do say so myself. So we'll be having that again tonite. There was enough that I froze half the leftovers for another night. My lunch today is going to be Mexican so I may not be too hungry for much.

What are you hungry for tonight?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 15

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:52 pm

Good Afternoon,

My sewing machine was breaking thread, so I changed the needle, cleaned and oiled the machine, re-threaded and it kept occurring, so I took it to repair shop. I told them to just service it. It had only been eight months, but it will save me a trip. I remembered when I was there to buy new oil and needles too.

I do have a backup and am happily using it.

Maryz - You have had a busy week, but now you have a clean house and leftovers! It is good to be you! When are you meeting up with Drew? Oh, maybe it is tonight over Mexican food.

Tonight is a Friday of Lent so we are having a Noodle Casserole with peas and a side salad. It is actually a favorite of DH and me so we are not complaining. I only make it during Lent.

Happy Sewing!
Carol

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, March 15

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:32 pm

Hello everyone started out with rain thunder and lightning but it’s stopped around lunch
We went to Greenville but not the zoo as planned We did the Children science museum They love that I got home late afternoon Didn’t do dining Ate in room
Just finished a walk
Maryz Noe you can sit back and relax but I’m not sure you know how lol Glad you had a nice dinner party & leftovers too
Aussie Chicken mesquite grilled chicken topped with cheese crispy fried onions and their own down under sauce It wasn’t that great
Carol Your casserole sounds like one I used to make We loved it
We had a nice salad for lunch I had banned food here
Becca
I was always so glad to finish a quilt I didn’t like

Return to “Chit Chat”