Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:50 am

Good morning,

We're heading up the thermometer! Yay! 55* today and into the 60's tomorrow for at least 4 days. 8-)

Yesterday was all about spending money - chiro, Goodwill, groceries, Costco. I was busy spending from 9 to 4. My bags got heavier as my wallet got lighter. But I found lots of sweet little clothes for Amara. I have them all washed, folded, and ready to pack.

Today will be a kitchen day. Tex & Annette and Doyle are coming for supper. So I'm making chicken cacciatore this morning and will pop it into the crockpot to finish cooking. Also a big salad, winter veggies roasted with garlic and bacon, plus garlic bread. I want to try a couple new appetizer recipes - stuffed cherry tomatoes and cocktail weenies in puff pastry (mini piggies?) with fancy mustard. Then I got to thinking it's Pi Day. Maybe I should bake a pie? After all, we'll be celebrating Tex's 80th birthday. I have makings for pumpkin and pecan. Wish I 'd thought of this while at grocery store. I think I'll send Bill back for apples and vanilla ice cream. He has to go pick up the mail anyway. I love living in a small town, Everything is within 2 to 3 miles of our house.

BECCA - you are so right - Doing for our ill loved ones, even if they interrupt our own lives, will leave no regrets later. My dad was kind of ornery and some days I went home from his house in tears. But I'm so glad I did it and wish I could have him back, ornriness and all. What is Accc tournament? Should I know this and just forgot?

CAROL - I really like the idea of your stay at home round robin. That might be a good alternative to a swap here on our forum. Postage is getting so expensive.

TINA - how is Rosie doing? Scottie sends a get well woof.

Well, I already told you all about my supper. What about yours?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 14th

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:20 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - I am enjoying sewing this quilt. We did make a requirement to use yellow any shade somewhere on the top of the quilt. I did make a mistake yesterday though in the colors for the hsts for Road-to-California block. I am correcting this morning. However, deciding on which color looks best is part of the fun. I want the quilt to have higher contrast than I have been using lately in my quilts.

Dinner tonight will be something new because there are no leftovers in freezer. I think it will be Farro and broccoli with a side salad.

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:12 am

Hello everyone A sunny 70s day here Unreal for so early I’m watching my game Half time now Put laundry in Took early walk & Keith FaceTime
Had my lunch Trying to be healthy
Maryz You have That little one all fixed with clothes Rex is getting the VIP treatment Enjoy your evening
Carol Choosing colors is one of my hardest part I know most people love it
Enjoy your Dinner
I choose Aussie Chicken and broccoli and salad
Becca
Last night we had a great veggie beef soup Caleb gave me all that was left which is enough for 2 more times

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:15 am

Tina, sounds like Rosie is doing okay. That's great news.

Mary, we need to do a Costco run. Maybe today. We'll see. Sounds like you found lots of clothes for Amara.

Yesterday was busy window cleaning, laundry, gardening. Today more cleaning. The spring cleaning bug has hit me. I feel like I need to get some things organized. I definitely need to clean out the sewing room closet. I've been just putting stuff in there willy nilly and it's a mess.

Becca, I agree. Choosing the fabric colors is the hardest part. Once I get past that it's smooth sailing until I have to decide on a quilting pattern.

QIAD had a cute Scaredy Cat Christmas pattern on sale this morning, so I bought. You can never have too many patterns. lol

Dinner with be out with friends. We are going to another guild to see there speaker tonight, so dinner before. I think it's a Thai place.

have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”